1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Everyone Please Stop Calling LeBron A Superstar?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RealContender, Jun 7, 2012.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you think Lebron isn't a superstar, you are so hilariously disconnected from reality.

2. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Well, forgive me for having an opinion and believing you all would be open to having a mature discussion about it.

Can we at least agree that if it ends up being a MIA vs OKC Finals and Durant's OKC wins... that KEVIN DURANT, not LeBron James, is clearly the better of the two? That Durant would also be your choice to have the ball in his hands in the final seconds of a close game?

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

We'll be back with more ESPN First Take right after this.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I don't mind anyone having their own opinion, but it's just that this particular opinion of yours is absurd.

In the final seconds, I would choose Durant. That doesn't mean he's better, he has just shown that he is pretty clutch in these playoffs. Durant is not better than Lebron at anything other than shooting. It's hard to be clutch if you're a mediocre shooter.

5. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

You're making my point for me.

When has LeBron James been widely considered a 'clutch' player?

I'm deeply sorry to all you guys who are unable to think outside the box and have an opinion that differs from the masses...

BUT LeBron can be the greatest thing the NBA has seen for 46 minutes per game. It's what he does in those final 2 that will define LeBron James when it comes to Greatest Player Ever talk.

Great players show up in those final 2 minutes of big games. Deep playoff games.
    I could care less how many buzzer beaters and game-winners LeBron has hit in a meaningless Regular Season game versus the Jazz, or Pistons, or Bobcats...

You should get my point.

6. Gucci_Ochocinco

No. That means that Oklahoma City is the better team of the two. What if you switched LeBron and Durant... there is no way that OKC with LeBron would lose to Miami with Durant. And people's obsession with "clutchness" is SO DAMN OVERRATED. Statistically Carmelo Anthony is the most clutch player in the NBA right now, does that mean he's better than LeBron and Durant? Absolutely not. Clutchness, however you'd like to define it, is one very small aspect that can be used to compare players to one another, but is by no means the single deciding factor that makes a player good or not good. Like someone else said, it correlates very strongly with how good of a shooter a player is. LeBron isn't a great shooter, so his clutch shooting is not as good as Durant, who is a better shooter (although LeBron has had some very clutch moments, like the three to tie the game against Boston the other night).

I love Durant (I was a freshman at UT the same year he was), but LeBron is the far better player. Durant is a better shooter, but LeBron is a MUCH better defender, passer, rebounder, and pretty much every other aspect of his game is better as well. I think that Durant is easily the 2nd best player in the league (not sure who I would rank 3, maybe Paul or Howard or Rose), and I would love to see him and LeBron go head to head in the finals, but saying that he is better than LeBron and claiming that LeBron isn't a superstar is just silly.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

See, even you understand that he is part of the "Greatest Player Ever Talk.

I'm pretty sure only "superstars" are part of that discussion, so thank you for finally getting it. Now can we end this most stupid thread.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Will you please eat the turd that comes out of my butt? It's not fully digest and still offers a wide variety of nutrition.

9. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

No, actually I don't think he belongs in any 'Greatest Player Ever' discussion.

I'm merely acknowledging that many people mistakenly make LeBron James part of the above-mentioned conversation.

And to an earlier poster....I actually do not know that Miami with Durant wouldn't be a better team than the one they currently have.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Your brief existence on Clutchfans has been filled with strange posts like these. I mean, just look at what you posted in the random trade thread a few minutes ago.

11. bread and budin

I almost want LeBron to win 8+ championships just so people get the point.. He is seriously really good at basketball and you are stupid if you think he isn't / hasn't been a top 3 player since 1 month into his career until today.

12. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

How is that Evans proposal strange? It's worth a shot. Call them about it. Maybe they say Yes. Maybe they say No.

You'll soon realize that LeBron has no business in a Greatest Player Ever discussion either. May not be tomorrow...but you'll realize just the same.

13. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I'm not saying he isn't a riduculously good talent. But what has that talent gotten him? Not a D A M N thing.

Granted, Durant's not got a ring yet either. But I don't see how anyone can compare LeBron and KD and not come to the conclusion that KD is a far superior performer on the basketball court.

14. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

how is durant for superior to lebron??? explain please.

15. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

Fine, you can make a case the Durant is a better player than Lebron but that has no effect on whether or not Lebron is a superstar. Superstar is a term to describe the top players in the league and if you do not think Lebron is you need to get your head out of your ass.

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It's strange because it's a completely idiotic proposal from the Rockets side, because there is a very good chance that anyone of those picks ends up better than Evans. Hell, Kyle Lowry alone is worth more than Evans. End of the day, they definitely say yes, and we definitely say no.

As for the second quote. Obviously you aren't smart enough to realize on your own why Lebron is arguably the best superstar in the league right now, so there's no point in trying to change your mind. Guess who else didn't make a lot of shots in the clutch? I'll give you a hint. He's one of the best players of all-time, he's 6'9, and he played PG for the Lakers. You think Magic Johnson is a superstar?

17. tim777dawg

tim777dawg Member

While I would agree with you that being clutch is certainly an aspect of being a superstar, and perhaps the only glaring flaw in Lebron's game, you make it out to be the only statistic that matters, as if the first 46 minutes didn't matter at all. I don't care if he never scores a basket in the final two minutes the rest of his career, he would still be a superstar simply because of how substantially he dominates the vast majority of the game in practically every facet. Would it tarnish his status in the conversation of the greatest ever? Absolutely. But he's still a superstar, end of story. Sure, the guy has next to no class, but you can't deny that few players have ever had his sheer ability to control every aspect of a game.

18. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Show is trash, just like this thread.

19. bread and budin

Can't tell if trolling :confused:
    I think I saw some comment about what would happen if you putt Durant on the Heat and LeBron on the Thunder? Thunder would win not 5, not 6, not 7 rings.. Id be surprised if the Heat make it to the finals more than 1 time if that was the case... Your going to see why OKC is better than the Heat in about a week, and it really has nothing to do with LeBron vs. Durant. It has more to do with Harden vs. the whole bench of the heat, and Westbrook vs. 0 point guards - not to mention home court advantage and a superior coaching advantage.

20. StevieCrossover

Kevin Martin is a super star. he gets paid almost super star pay.