1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legal Advice Sought

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Apr 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Does anyone know how to find out how many times a person has filed lawsuits before? I'm currently being sued by a guy who had 3 other lawsuits on the same day. My case was adjourned, so now I have some time to look up this info and hit him with it when we do goto trial. If he's one of those guys who file like 100 lawsuits, I think that would benefit me in court.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Can't you simply ask him in front of the judge? Something like:

"From what I understand, you are currently suing at least 4 parties, how many lawsuits have you filed in your life?"

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So you did spit in his food after all.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You could get somebody who has access to Lexis, Westlaw or Bloomberg Law to search their databases, but that would be expensive.

You could also just search (if you are in a state that does this) state court websites for cases by party and input his name.

5. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Whatever happen to the days when people just complained, got a free meal, and gtfo... sigh..

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hotballa were you strapping food on your genitals and pissing on it again?

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This.

8. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

It depends. For example, if you want to look in Harris County District Courts and County Courts, there are relatively easy methods to search. If you are talking about small claims/justice of the peace, I do not think there is an easy way to search those courts.

There is not any master database of lawsuits filed. Federal court does not even make it easy. There is a single login to PACER, but as far as I can find you still must search different courts separately.