1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire Looks GOOD!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RNuss02, Dec 13, 2002.

1. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Man, it's hard to believe this guy was a high school player last year. He looks light years ahead of his age. He's just a nasty presence down in the post for the Suns, and is starting to gain respect around the league. I mean, this guy is a monster. He's already bigger than alot of power fowards that have been in the league for a while. Right now, he still looks a little slow on the basketball IQ but when he learns how to play, he could be something special. He's already alot better than Kwame Brown and Tyson Chandler are they're a year ahead of him. I wonder why Stoudemire didn't get as much hype and notoriety as the two afformentioned? I knew about him, but not like I heard or Curry, Chandler, or Kwame Brown 2 years ago.

2. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

yea well guess what! we could have had him! then how would we be, damn good I guarentee it, but why? well b/c we drafted boki at #15 when stoudamire was still sitting pretty in the draft room, dont get me wrong boki is a playa, but man that would of been a pretty good team, but hindsight is always 20/20 lata

3. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

ace,

stoudamire was gone by that time. rockets liked him a lot too

4. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

acejeff5

What are you talking about? Stoudermire was drafted #9, we have had the #15....So how would we get him a trade?

Anyway Amare Stoudermire had distroyed the 01' High Schoolers(Chandler, Curry, Brown) in some kind of All-Star game when he has just an 11th grader. He has allways be the better player, I think he jsut did not get as hype is because how bad Curry, Chandler, and Brown played in there rookie seasons.

I heard that if the rockets could not draft Yao, that Rudy T was going to draft Stoudmire, is that true?

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Got a chance to see him play the Hawks the other day. I came away pretty impressed. He is very agressive and has a great NBA body. He seems much more "comfortable" on the court versus Kwame Brown, Chandler, Curry etc. Amare is having a great year, looking very similar to the success that Garnett had his first year in the league. He is going to be a premier player in the NBA in a few years for sure!

Chris

6. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

yea sorry bout that, at the time i read this i was thinking about something else, and I guess I just wrote that down, thats my bad, any way, yea he's gonna be good though :-D