1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Turley to sue NFL?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocketman95, Dec 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I'm sure that he means that Mccalister better be fined at least the same amount that Turley was (I'm sure you realize that too obviously).

Anyway, as much of a lunatic as Turley is, he has a point. The only thing going against his argument is that McCalister didn;t draw a flag, which was pretty unbelievable to me.

3. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

From the article:

Turley has a point, though I don't know how suing the NFL will help his career.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I understand what he's saying, I just think it's stupid for him to consider suing the NFL.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

McAlister should be given a bigger fine.

While throwing any helmet is bad, it's worse when you take off the other team's helmet and throw that. Taking off your own helmet, like Turley did, is usually frustration... but yanking off another player's helmet and doing it is terrible sportsmanship.

He did get a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, NJ.

6. drapg

drapg Member

Shockingly I agree with Turley. Seems like the same actions were taken, but different punishments were handed out. I'd be just as upset if I were Turley.

Who wants to suffer through Anger Management class? I'm sure its just as interminable as those corporate team building classes that lull people straight to sleep.

oh yeah, and the matter of $25K might have something to do with it. ;)

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Um, Turley didn't throw his own helmet. Didn't he rip off the helmet of the defensive player who was twisting Brooks' head?

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He did? Never mind... I guess I don't remember it that well.

If so, it should still be the same fine.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, you were watching the play with your Saint colored glasses. ;)

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

My bad fellas...I was under the impression that McCalister didnt draw a flag. That being the case, there is no reason that McCalister wont get the same penalty.

Can you imagine (this is gonna spark a debate im sure) if McCalister had been fined previously for ripping a helmet off and the Turley did the same thing and didnt get fined? Rev Jesse Jackson would be picketing in front of the league office.

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Must be racial.