1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

moe's Minor League - Official Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Oct 14, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We seem to be missing 1 member, I only see 14 teams registered. Drapg I believe, We need you to register.

#381 moestavern19, Nov 1, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2002
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

New League is up and running guys, thanks for your patience.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

How exactly do we set up our lineup for the retroactive stats???

4. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

So the stats for the last 3days dont count right/?

5. mduke

mduke Member

They count.....don't you read the other posts in this thread?;)

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I still disagree with the way the waiver wire thing was done. Some teams got to pick up waiver players in the old league and then they got to be moved back to the front of the order. I was 5th in line to get a player and now I am back to 13th, which is wrong. Some teams that claimed players already, are in front of me in the waiver order again because instead of getting who the auto draft picked for them and then doing their claims over, they were given players they claimed off waivers during the draft input. Now they have a better shot at claiming a player I want and would have picked over Jacque Vaughn but did not get to claim before we quit the old league. That totally sucks and is not fair.

7. mfclark

mfclark Member

I must say I disagree with this as well. Either the original results need to be inputted, thus forcing teams to place waiver requests for players they picked up before (if they choose to do so now), or the waiver order needs to be reset in the way it was when the old league was dropped.

It's definately not a minor issue - it's one that could have repercussions all season, in terms of better players becoming available.

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

How was that retroactive stats thing done? All of my big scorers were on the bench for them. Lost about 200 points.

#388 NYKRule, Nov 3, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2002
  9. mfclark

mfclark Member

It was done by setting your lineup with your best players and Yahoo automatically adding in the points for them.

10. mfclark

mfclark Member

I'd like to note another major discrepancy between this league and the major league: games played.

We are only supposed to be able to play 82 games per starting position, as in the main league. However, the league settings are designed for no limits on games; i.e. whoever plays their players the most will likely win.

11. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

I think everything should be left as is because look how tight the race is up fron? the top like 7teams are really close well thats my input? Should we start a thread about Fantasy Chat??

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am not sure if this can be changed since the season has started but I don't disagree. We can, however, stipulate that if you play a position more than 82 games then you will be docked a set amount of points for each game over 82. BTW I am going to stop complaining about the waiver wire thing because I got the player i wanted :D.

CK

13. mfclark

mfclark Member

One week of the season hasn't even been played. Multiply the differences by about 20 and you have an idea of about how big the gaps may become.

I'm not sure that the games played can be changed either...but it's just another gripe.

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

moe, use the commish tools to change the game limits to 82 per position.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I understand the situation with the waiver wire, But How am I supposed to fix this?

16. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

YES! that is a must.

17. drapg

drapg Member

i say we let it go and just move on with the league.

18. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The waiver wire thing cannot be fixed now. With the first game almost finished, the waiver process will be determined by each teams fantasy points. Lowest points moves to first on the list.

19. mfclark

mfclark Member

Actually, Yahoo's waiver wire works such that it is initially set based off of who had the worst draft pick (i.e. last in the 1st round) and goes from there. When someone makes a successful waiver claim, they are bumped to the end of the list. Other than that, there is no resetting of the waiver wire during the season.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew