1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boselli out for year? To retire????

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old School, Oct 15, 2002.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with Jared. An expansion team can't be taking lesser players to fill specific needs in just their second draft. We need to amass all the talent possible as quick as we can, and then we can fill individual holes through FA if we really need to. But for a first rounder, I think we absolutely have to take one of either Roy Williams or Charles Rogers.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

williams isn't on the same planet as rogers, imo. i'm starting to think simms isn't the only overrated longhorn, but merely one in a cast of thousands.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You know, it's probably more likely that they are all hindered by a ridiculously conservative offensive system than that they are all overrated.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This may be true...from what all I have read it seems they are pretty close to each other in skill level, but that Williams is less durable. If the Texans don't think he is worthy of their 1st round pick, that's fine by me. I just don't want them to start drafting by need in just their 2nd draft.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i love roy williams...but i'd take rogers simply to avoid the durability risks you may face with williams

6. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

I wouldn't count on Roy Williams comming out this year. He still has one more year of eliability. I read an article earlier this week on Roy that said that he wanted to Red Shirt this year after he first had the hamstring injury. The Texas staff decided not to Red Shirt Roy because he would have to miss the remaining games this year. With that in mind he may stay one more year to have a shot at a better year, and a higher draft spot. Besides he'll also get to play with Vincent Young, and should have a better shot at beating OU, and getting to the National Title Game.

As for who they should draft ... I think they should take the best available player regardless of position (unless it's QB). If it's an o-lineman, or if it's a WR then so be it. The Texans have too many holes to focus on one specific position. I do think they need to find a solid LT though (through the draft or FA) because you can't have you QB getting killed in every game.

A solid LT that will be on the market, and the Texans could get is Flozell Adams.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

If the Texans pass on Charles Rogers, I will be extremely dissapointed.

8. ESource

ESource Member

Looks like Bryant McKinnie, OT, Miami could be back in the draft if Minnesota does not sign him this year. Would make one hell of a LT for sure.

9. Nomar

Nomar Member

Has that ever happened before?