1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're Going to Beat the Browns, Aren't We?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MadMax, Oct 14, 2002.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What do you think...I think the Texans will get their second win of the season at Cleveland.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

This matchup should definitely be on Monday Night Football...

3. Gascon

Gascon Member

I think we could concievably even up our record.....

but that's just me. :eek:

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree...the defense has been fine so far (keeping in mind they kept the best offense in the NFL below its ppg average yesterday)...it's the offense that we were all concerned about...and it's showing steady progress. as they get offensive linemen back healthy it will further that development.

carr is MUCH more mobile than i thought he was....he showed a lot of poise yesterday, i thought.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

What a gutsy performance by Carr yesterday. I haven't seen a box score, but I'll bet he was close to being our leading rusher. Further evidence that Allen sucks.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

wells had 70 yards; carr 50. but carr was running for his life -- it's not like those were designed runs.

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cleveland seems like a team in dissaray, among their issues:
    -Couch getting booed and crying
    -Backup QB is hurt
    -Kevin Johnson is complaing to get more touches
    -Butch Davis is now saying fans have to be realistic abou tthis season
    -Warren Sapp calling Courtney Brown soft

Cleveland could come out and play a great game...but until they show some heart (they haven't so far this year) you guys should have a great shot!

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Boy I sure hope we don't end up like Cleveland because this is their 4th season and they still don't seem like a playoff team. By the 4th season you should be in the super bowl contender mix.

Texans 27
    Browns 24

Carr 17/26 250yds 2tds
    Bradford 6catches 125yds.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

We just lack team speed on defense and offense. If we can add a couple playmakers via draft and FA, I think we go 8-8 or better next year...

I don't think we'll win against Cle. We lose 24-14.

10. Refman

I realize that...but those yards still count. It shows Carr can take nothing and turn it into something.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

agreed, i was merely in a hair-splitting mood and disagreed with the notion that carr outgaining allen was in some way proof that allen sucked.

12. Refman

Allen isn't very good. Give me the ball and I'll be tackled at the line of scrimmage or just behind it...there wouldn't be any difference. But we can agree to disagree. :)

13. Holden

Holden Member

all that matters to me is that we sack up and beat cincinatti in November. i think we are better than they are, and i want to see them go 0-16.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I have to disagree about wanting to see about the Bungles going 0-16. I jut get no satisfaction out of watching them screw up and lay down and die. It's like cheering against the french in a war. But seriously, Cinncinnati is the team we want to get a couple of wins because they're the one most likely going to draft a QB number one. If they get the number one pick they'll just pull an Akili Smith and select the wrong guy. However if we get the number one pick, we could trade down to them get 2 number ones and then watch them draft another Akili Smith. As far as Cleveland goes, Ryan Young has a chance to come back and that bodes well for our offense. Also, the Cleveland running attack just sucks. What the hell is wrong with William Green? Another Bengal bust I guess. Right behind Peter Warrick and Akili Smith. This would be a great opportunity for another win in Cleveland no less.

15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

William Green is a Brown, not a Bengal

16. haven

haven Member

I'm guessing that Green is having health problems. He has a very rare stomach disease which caused him to need very frequent hydration and intravenous treatment at BC. I assume that professional football is even more rigorous. Some had speculated that the illness would bump him to the 2nd round, but the Browns thought he could cope with it...

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

If Cincy takes a QB number 1 then they will be making another mistake because I wouldn't take any of those Qb's with a top 5 pick. Manning seems to be the best one but I wouldn't take him that high. Cincy should take a top notch WR like Roy Williams and look at a QB in the F.A. market. They drafted 2 WR with high picks (Warrick and Johnson) but Johnson is a huge bust and Warrick just needs a QB to throw to him:p

18. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cincy, IMO, would take Leftwich. He is a strong athletic QB. Obviouslly Akili is not their future, nor is Kitna.

Plus by adding a QB from Marshall they could draw a couple dozen of the Thundering Herd fans (they are all over SE Ohio/NW WV which is only a couple hours drive) to each game.
    That would double the number of this year's crowds! :)

19. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

I am actually taking the Texans in this one...