1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ish Smith and the Vipers !

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by DaDakota, Jan 19, 2011.

1. co-nan

co-nan Member

His shooting is not so bad.

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

we could use those numbers off the bench right about now.

He'd have that second unit rolling.

Not a knock on anyone else currently running the second unit.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He would have them playing hard on offense.....for sure.....his attitude is what I am talking about in the other thread about chemistry, he plays hard all the time, we don't have that with our starters or our bench right now.

DD

4. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I was thinking about making a trip to see the Vipers and more importantly Ish play. Whether or not he's still in the D-League at that time, I'd still like to make it to a RGV Viper game. They've won 10 in a row! The 6 hr drive to RGV is far too long, so I was thinking of going to a game when they play in Austin.

If anyone is interested in also attending, there are weekend games in Austin on Friday March 18, and Saturday March 19, but the Rockets have a home game on the 18th vs Boston, so I'm looking at attending on the 19th.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

A sparkplug, so to speak.

6. DaDakota

Hey that sounds like fun...I might be up for that.

DD

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I went to the Vipers v. Toros last season at the Austin Convention Center, and it was well worth it. The game tipped around 11 AM on a weekday to accommodate an elementary school field trip, so I went to my morning classes, and then made the 5-minute drive downtown with a few friends. We bought $10 tickets and sat courtside... watched Dorsey, Mike Harris, and Antonio Anderson do work.

8. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

he is not even close to brooks or lowry...the backup quarterback syndrome is in full effect here

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've been thinking of taking my kids to see one or both of those games. We live 15 minuets away from the Cedar Park center and I've been wanting to go.

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yeah, let's try and squeeze another guy in the rotation. Let's forget we still have Brooks and Lowery.

On another note, Chris Paul will be here soon.

11. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Needs improvement and consistency in shooting department. He also needs to stray away from running into the paint with no outlet passes, leading to turnovers.

I agree he plays hard, but he should also play smart. A pg who has a Plan of attack should always have a PlanB, PlanC etc..

Oh wait.. My fault for tripping out too much, he's just a rookie.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

who'll now be the pg of the vipers? isn't Shakur got signed by the wizards?

13. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Oops. I misread the schedule. Those two games in March are in RGV. The games they play in Austin are:
    Thursday Feb 10 7:30
    Saturday Feb 12 7:30

Rockets have a home game against Dallas on the 12th, so I'm looking to attend the game that Thursday. Let me know if you want to get tickets together. It would be fun to have a Clutchfans/Rockets fans section.

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Rockets played worse with Ish.

10-14 with Ish
    10-11 without Ish.

15. DaDakota

Look, I know you are trying to make a point, but to put down an undrafted rookie PG, who is actually doing pretty well against NBA competition is a bit much.

Especially considering that Ish played at the beginning of the year when our schedule was horrendous....

DD