1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olowokandi has accepted the one-year qualifying offer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LakerMania, Sep 23, 2002.

1. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

sportsbybrooks.com/olowokandi.html

SPORTSbyBROOKS - SEPTEMBER 23, 2002
    OLOWOKANDI ACCEPTS QUALIFYING OFFER

Los Angeles Clippers restricted free agent center Michael Olowokandi has accepted the one-year qualifying offer extended by the team earlier this summer.

Olowokandi, who is now under contract to the Clippers for the upcoming season, will be an unrestricted free agent next summer.

"I'm looking forward to getting to work," stated Olowokandi. "We have a very good team and I'm excited to get the season under way."

According to Elgin, Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations. "We expect that Michael will work hard to continue to improve, and that he will be prepared to make a big contribution to our team's success this year."

2. bajabill

bajabill Member

If he has a great year, SA will soon have a dynasty, and I will become an SA fan.

3. coolpet

coolpet Member

smart move by the clippers, I don't think Kandi worth 80 Million 7 years contract he asking for. if he can prove he can put the stats he did at end of last season in regular basis, then he worth the signing, but I think after he got that deal, he will back to the old lazy kandi we know before

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I don't know how a guy who scores 11 ppg and shoots about 43% from the field can turn anybody into a dynasty.

5. Stevie Francis

man i wonder where he will go next year? Most likely he'll go to dallas. the get everyone. Maybe S.A in a S&T with duncan.you never know.

6. coolpet

coolpet Member

so Duncan to the clippers?!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!! PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Miami and San Antonio will both have cap room and I hope the latter doesn't get him but that's where I think he'll end up.

8. bajabill

bajabill Member

He also had lunch with DEN mgmt. A very good year(like MAR 17/11) with promise of more to come and Kandi should get several max offers. SA for a bunch of titles; DEN to be runited with friends and a great young front court; MIA for sun and beach, which he loves. But, not the LAC, Kandi has said as much. The LAC's only shot was to take the gamble on Kandi, failing in that they cannot keep him if he has a great season. If he does great he is a Spur(Heat, etc.). If he reverts to 8/8 then the LAC might be able to keep him, but for more money than anyone else, and who cares. Sounds like DTS and the LAC. Very appropo.