1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass - Time Warner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Oct 5, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As of October 5th here in Austin Texas, we still can not order it.

This is like 5 years running that they are behind the curve, and we can't order it.

It is mind numbing, they wait until the last week, and then they screw it up...and force us to have to fax it in to activate league pass broadband.....

Just annoying as FRACK !

DD

2. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Hey look at the bright side, at least you're not a Dish Network customer like myself.

:(

3. DaDakota

The thing is that in order to activate the league pass broadband, you need to send in your Time Warner bill, and I can't do that until I order it, so the earlier the better.

DD

4. Subliminal Shot

Subliminal Shot Contributing Member

Hey guys, I really need help finding a way to sign up for NBA League Pass Broadband International. I'm from Houston but moved with my wife to El Salvador. There was a live chat support last month that confirmed that El Salvador would be included as in past years. Now, there is no live chat support option and everytime I try a league pass broadband link from the NBA website, I get the Email Capture Page: www.nba.com/global/lp_email_capture_page.html

The NBA's website tells me to email nbasupport@rayv.com for support and when I did, there reply was: I also tried to email tech support and they replied:

"Dear Customer,
    This email address is no longer used for NBA Support.
    Please refer to: http://ilp.nba.com/
    Sincerely,
    RayV Support".

Any ideas? Does anyone have a league pass contact number or information that could help me watch games live through league pass broadband international?

Thanks,

Subliminal Shot

1 person likes this.
  5. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

What? I waited until the first game night because I'm lazy and had no problems.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I feel your pain, DD. I called them yesterday and asked if the pre-season would be free on LP. The guy proceeded to list off the channels that are in the "sports package." Like he had never even heard of league pass?

He said he could direct me to sales and they would know more. This happens every year with TW. Every year they act like LP is brand new to them. It's ****ing irritating.

7. Turpis

Turpis Member

@Subliminal Shot

The price should be up in a couple of days, but don't expect preseason games on it, since last year I bought it 4-5 days ahead of preseason, only to learn that they don't show it.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

was thinking about making this very thread myself. It was a pain in the backside last year, and I see no change so far this year. On the phone with customer service as we speak, and getting the usual complete lack of knowing what's what with them.

If anyone knows the trick to getting this, lemme know. You'd think they would have a clue by now and a system for taking money from people who actually want their service.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

looks like the price of LP has been raised up I am paying 180 this year on the early bird price in years past it was 160.

Called directv right now after seeing this thread the games are scheduled to appear on the 750 channels and I do have that auto renew kicked in and i should be getting these games when i get home.

its been way too long it will be great to see the Rockets again

especially cant wait to see the young guys play off the bench to see how they've improved over the summer

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We're talking about how ****ty Time Warner is. Did you just poke your head in here to rub in our face that your LP is up and running and ours isn't? :mad:

;)

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yes :grin:

it seems though to be a yearly thing for time warner surprised that they cant get their stuff together

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I know bro me too, Thinking about switching to At&t.

13. Subliminal Shot

Subliminal Shot Contributing Member

Thanks Turpis. At least I'm in the same boat as others in the States and maybe it's just a matter of time. I loose my patience at the beginning of the season. I will keep my eyes open for someone mentioning that they were able to sign up without using a TV or Cable company to facilitate broadband.

14. CrazyDave

still on the phone with TW, and they "don't see it in their system yet, typically it shows about 2 weeks before the season"

Me: There are preseason games on tonight.

Them: Really? Hmmm... let me check again on that.

Me: Ok, well, don't kill yourself banging your head against the wall that I always do, it was this way last year and for some reason no one saw this coming again this year. it's always difficult.

Them: Wow, that isn't good. Let me see if it's showing on another channel until we get the lineup in.

Me: It's on FSNHOU, but that's why I get NBAleaguepass, I'm not in that viewing area.

THem: Yeah, wow, I'm looking now, I'm sorry this is so much trouble.

Me: Hey, to be honest, I expected it. Last year was a complete mess.

Them: Really? I hate to hear that.

Me: Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm on the Rockets community site "ClutchFans" and the consensus there is that you guys don't have a clue when it comes to getting this started. Pretty much everyone in Austin with TW expects this at this point, so I'm not shocked, just a bit disappointed (again) like everyone else on that board that's in this area.

Them: Oh my, that's really unfortunate, I'm sad to hear that's the last thing we want.

..... lots of time passes

Them: Well, I don't show any games on, except the Heat and Pistons on NBATV...

Me: Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why I'm calling.

Them: I'm really really sorry (x100)

Me: Well, it's not your fault, TW was terrible at this last year too.

Them: Yeah, I wish I could help.

Me: Me too, thanks for your time and effort.

15. CrazyDave

16. thametall89

thametall89 Member

I live in Austin too and was thinking about getting to League
    Pass. After hearing you guys, I might just stick to Broadband like last year.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I know someone is going to post a link in the game thread so thats what im banking on. No way in hell they show the Rockets here in SA...but Miami will be playing on NBA TV so that should be interesting to watch.

18. CrazyDave

No interest in seeing the choreographed Heat show.

apparently, tonight's Rocket's Magic game is going to be on atdhe.net, though really I have no idea what that is aside from having seen a game or two there in the past.

19. DaDakota

You get the league pass broadband for FREE when you buy league pass....

I highly recommend getting it, even though it is a pain in the neck to sort out before the season.

Around Mid October you can order it, then you have to hope they don't screw it up, and you have to call back when the free 2 weeks are over and they accidently cut you off, has happened to me 3 times.

Either way, I love the service once it is sorted out.

DD

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I just ordered LP for Direct TV.

First time I'm getting it on my HDTV :) I cant wait!