1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Oregonlive.com] NBA High-5: Clyde Drexler said Brooks will be an All-Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Aug 3, 2010.

1. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

I think for AB to have a decent chance at being selected as an all star this upcoming season the Rockets would need to start off hot and post a top three record in the Western Conference going into the break.

2. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

dude, your overrating curry,
    and people could say what they want,

the list goes as follows,

dwill
    nash
    cp3

then the rest of the league

brooks imo still isnt better than billups,
    but
    kidd isnt great anymore
    parker either
    curry and westbrook, theyre the future, not the present

so he's ranked 5th in wc...sounds about right...and im pretty sure 2 of them wont participate in the game...so he might have a shot.

please stop saying he is better than nash, he isnt, nash makes everyone around him great, brooks...not so much. we are all gonna see warrick's numbers go up this year...and seriously, with turkoglu on board, nash's suns are going to be really fun to watch this season.

3. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

It has nothing to do with being homer, Nash also has a high assist/turn over ratio, because he handles the ball so much, of course he was our primary scorer, who else would have been, he was also lead our team in assists. Somone is probably going to bring up Lowry's ability to pass better than Brooks, but Lowry's assist/turnover ratio was 2.63 when Brook's was 1.87, and Brooks had over 10 more minutes a game. What's the bigger picture, that Brooks is a scoring PG, I don't think that anyone was disputing that, that also spreads the floor and pulls defenders away from Yao...anyone who knows basketball knows that too. :grin:

4. Matador

Matador Member

See my signature

1 person likes this.
  5. albuster

albuster Member

He said that often about Alston too. Brooks is a shooter and nothing else.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What the hell are you talking about? Nash had a 3.02 assist to turnover ratio last year. That means for every pass he gave up to the other team, he made 3 assists for a MINIMUM of 6 points. Brooks on the other hand, had a dismal 1.89 ATR, dishing out less than 2 times for every ball he threw away. This is even worse when you consider the fact that he averaged less than HALF of the assists that Nash did, while playing more minutes and ONLY averaging 3 more points. Do you even know how to math works? Where the hell are you pulling out those numbers?

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I really don't get why people don't give Aaron enough credit, he was the best player on our team last year, he was the reason for half of our games that we won, clutch player always deliver under pressure. I would rather have than having Curry, Westbrooks, and Jason Kidd.

8. jsuspect

jsuspect Member

In related news, Aaron Brooks is betting on Clyde Drexler becoming a member of the Broadcasting Hall Of Fame. "I'd bet the extra 'A' in my name on it", said Brooks.

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Considering this is AB's third year as opposed to Curry's rookie year as the team's 2nd option, I can hardly see how you could compare who is more clutch. However, you must not have ANY of his games at all and are just talking out of your ass. Even as a rookie, Curry has drained many clutch FT's (the same ones that AB often misses in crunch time) in just his rookie season. On that note, his rookie year was almost as good as AB's third year. Thank god you are just another armchair GM though.

As for Westbrook, please pass me whatever you are smoking, because you got some potent **** there. Westbrook is a way better player. The only real edge AB has over Westbrook is his shot and Westbrook is improving his.

10. alethios

alethios Member

It's called making the best of what you have. Sure AB is awesome but he's not going to be an elite PG in the same vein as previously mentioned "perennial consummate" all-star PG's. Unless you count giving assists to yourself.

No doubt we need him, because he's an integral part of our offense. And I think the combination of Brooks/Martin is pretty lethal as far as scoring.

Whether he's an all-star or not, we need his scoring ability, just like we need Yao's shot-blocking/shot-changing ability.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't why you comparing each one for two different seasons, Brooks never got any chance to play until late second half of season while Curry was a starter in his first year. Ohh trust me I've watched Curry played last year, the only reason why he was putting crazy numbers bcuz he was the only player on that team and everyone else was a scrub, think about it dumbass, put curry on the rockets team from last year with KM and Ariza and scola and his numbers would significantly go down. you know what when Curry take his team to the playoffs and put the same numbers that brooks did against the blazers and the Lakers maybe we can talk.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Brooks just got ****ed. .. I mean jinxed.

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

With his significantly better court vision, I have no doubt we would have gotten into the third round.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What court vision..? Artest was shooting 31% in that serious, Yao got injured in the third game, out starting center was 6'6 (Chuck Hayes), our front court got destroyed by Gasol, even if we had CP3 on our team there was no way we could've advanced to the third round.

15. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

I think people are confused about the topic..

Meaning not right now but in the future.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

During a game last season, Drexler said the Rockets had 4 all stars on the floor.

17. nebula955

nebula955 Member

ooh he'll for SURE be an all-star this year. Watch, he'll be 2nd among guards in voting unless Martin gets more China votes than him. Think about it...1.3(?) billion people...1 team....for the most part.

18. bewy

bewy Member

It's Golden State offense...score fast and lose fast

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol what

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

His scoring may be inflated, but his court vision and ability to can FT's during crunch time is invaluable. Curry has a very bright future ahead of him.