1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn] Warriors sold

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jul 15, 2010.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This sucks for Warrior fans.. Some of the best fans out there..

Is it wrong I feel bad for these guys but not Cleveland fans? :confused:

2. crocktees

crocktees Member

Seems like a nice guy, but I hope he was thinking "they have no idea what the @#%! they are doing so I better buy the team before they Knick it." Ellison is a jackass but I bet he would have said as much. I think he would have rivaled Cuban, Jerry Jones, etc.. for entertainment value.

3. jsuspect

jsuspect Member

Lacob has lived in the Bay Area for 30 years, has Warriors season tickets, and already had relationships with the 20% minority owners, and has had a good look inside of a well run basketball organization; Ellison attended ONE game last year and spent the majority of his free time buying the America's cup.

So, I don't think it's quite fair to label Lacob a P&L guy until he's actually had a chance to run things his way.

1 person likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think you're correct, and I think I spoke without knowing more of the story.

Here's a recent article from the SF Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/16/MNNH1EF5HU.DTL

This details a lot more background on Lacob, so here's hoping it's a lot more than "just another investment." We'll see!

If he doesn't like the David Lee trade, however, I already don't like him. There's no statement on that yet.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

He'll sell his share of the Celtics.

6. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

I never rode in a car in SF. Public transportation is best.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, public transportation in SF is awesome! :grin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rm4SazjKsQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rm4SazjKsQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

There was an older thread on this, and as i said there - i go to stanford and know the lacob family personally (gsb alums) - this is a GREAT, GREAT development for warriors fans. They are huge bball fans (much bigger than ellison anyway) and are focused entirely on winning. I, for one, having spent the past two years in the Bay area + gonna spend two more to finish up school - am STOKED.