1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Lebron go from the next Jordan to "need 6 rings to match Pippen"?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by meh, Jul 8, 2010.

1. theimpossibles1

All three guys were free agents, meaning they did not have a team. Sure Wade resigned with Miami and Bosh did join before LeBron, but think about it, these guys are all friends, they even had free agent meetings. You really think this wasn't planned out? Why would Wade and Bosh sign with the crappy Heat if they didn't know something... It's because they did know.

And now it's LeBron and Wade's team, and after a ring or two it will be LeBron's team.

2. dback816

dback816 Member

Wow, people actually think Miami's still going to be Wade's town?

It's already Lebron's

Still, I find Miami to be...a rather boring place for someone like Lebron. Imagine what the drama would be like if all 3 of them went to New York instead

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

From what I can see they are gonna be like superman and batman, not batman and robin. For them to be together someone needs to move, and it might as well be Lebron because Cleveland can't sign Wade and Bosh too. Why is this so hard for people to understand? :rolleyes:

4. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

i for one am really disappointed by his decision. he really can't be the alpha dog on this team, and i think he needed that in order to become legendary. he'll have off nights. he'll have to defer more and share the ball. he won't have that much pressure on him so he'll not have to shine every night.

chicago and ny would have a much better choice in my opinion. and i still view miami as wade's team. this could change however once the season starts.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The Scottie Pippen Bulls took the Knicks to 7 games in the 2nd round in 94. The same Knicks that took the Rockets to 7 games in the Finals. They were arguably the 3rd best team in the league at the time, and Quitten was arguably the best player in the East that year.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Lebron is going to Miami to play with two of his best friends in the entire league. He's going to retire with a boatload of money and probably some titles as well. I really doubt he's ever going to regret this decision.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Wade made it out of the first round before Shaq even came to Miami.

And there's no guarantee that this is going to be clearly seen as Wade's team. A lot of people saw the Celtics championship team as Garnett's team even though Pierce was the guy who was there first.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

The Miami Heat are not the defending NBA champions. It's a stupid comparison. Lebron is going to a team that was worse than his own team last year and will have an entirely different look next year except for Wade.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

You couldn't be more wrong. It's still Wade's team. Maybe in a couple years James will step up and lead, but right now it's all Wade.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Scottie Pippen didn't win two MVPs, or average upwards of 27-6-6 for six years and counting.

I see what you're saying, and I agree that he'll never be the next Jordan on a team with Wade and Bosh, but there is some acceptable level of historical greatness between Jordan and Pippen that Lebron will likely land in. Jerry West level, if you must attach a label.