1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funeral of Chick Hearn On NBA TV

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HotRocket, Aug 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

They are having the funeral of the late Chick Hearn on NBA TV. I'm not sure if they are going to be doing anything else today to pay homage to Chick, but the funeral is actually live right now.

If anyone truly appreciates basketball, they can see why his death will affect so many people.

2. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Better him than Bill Warrel. I would be crushed. I think he coined the phrase "..put him in the Popcorn Machine". I may be wrong about that.

3. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

boring. low ratings

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

What the hell is wrong with you?

FUNERALS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE ENTERTAINING.

It's about paying your respects.

5. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

What he said! :mad:

6. drapg

drapg Member

isn't the point of television ratings, which are only garnered through entertaining and enjoyable television? well maybe not for NBATV, since its subsidized by the NBA, which uses it as a marketing tool rather than a income generator. I stand corrected.

7. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Did you guys personally know Chick Hearn. I mean it sucks he died but lived a good life.
    No one wil watch something as lame as that on tv. Stop trying to be overly sympathetic.

8. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

It is a giant waste of air time, use it for something productive.

9. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

It is not "overly sympathetic". It is "respect". :rolleyes:

10. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Sorry to the family of Chick, thats respect.
    Don't waste our time with his funeral on TV. IF thats the case, broadcast every announcer who dies on NBA TV. If you dont do that than you are disrespecting those guys.

11. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

No one forced you to watch that channel. Last I heard there are 100+ channels on the cable. Or, watch the WNBA! The Comets are entertaining.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The man was an icon and touched a lot of fans in LA and abroad. He wasn't another announcer. He was THE NBA announcer. Period. If you haven't heard any of his broadcasts, then you wouldn't know the feeling.

Why even watch something only to comment how useless it is? To each his own.