1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yogi Frikkin' Berra...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Zac D, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

deja vu all over again, you know.

Okay, was originally just going to go back to the beginning of this season after the crash but a couple people approached me about alternative options, so this is what we've got.

First - start from the beginning of 2004. This involves me simming to that point from where I last backed up the league and then getting the right players on the right teams at the right salaries. It'd take some time, but it's doable, and all we'd lose would be the two weeks we've simmed so far, and the late-round rookies.

Second, start over at 2002 with 2002 rosters. Would be able to start relatively soon, but it'd be like going back in time to the rosters you had before. All that would involve would be me downloading a league file.

Third, we could conceivably go back to season 11 which is where the last sim was last saved. Everyone's probably forgotten trades they made between seasons 11 and 13 so that is an option too :) I'd just have to see if I've deleted that league file off my computer and if so, would have to get the old one from Haven.

Take your choice.

2. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

First Option, these are the teams people worked hard to get, it wouldn't be fair to restart on them, or to jump years ahead and stick them with teams they didn't build.

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

I am voting for a Season 11 restart.

I miss all the old sim created players.

I think that certain owners, TheCat and Chuck are complaining about losing 2 seasons of work. Two! How about losing 13 seasons of work?

I also think that the current league has major problems cause by certain trades rocking the balance of power.

I hope my fellow owners will vote Season 11.

4. devestata

devestata Member

Option 1. But This is pure madness. Jesus Chrimedy.:mad:

#4 devestata, Jul 27, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2002
  5. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Third option, I don't like the balance of power that the Marlins created, and I don't want you to have to do all that work Zac.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Option 1, or bust.

Restarting is ridiculous. Season 11 is the same. We can always go back to season 11, if you guys got bored with the current sim. You know who won season 11. You know who won season 12. You saw much of season 13. At least you guys got to see some results from those teams.

I, and many others, have worked very, very hard to get my team good in this sim. Finally, I got my team exactly the way I wanted it... great rotation, good lineup, and I did it all with a small market team. At least y'all got to see some results from your teams. We deserve at least the same. There's not much to discuss, unless you've totally ****ed your team in this sim and merely want a way to compensate for your mistakes.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Option 1 but I really don't care.

I just want a sim again, dammit!:(

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

i'm in for option one. or go back to 11 no way do I want to start in 2002 with updated rosters unless we get the complete set that is still supposed to be coming out soon(although it was supposed to be out about a month ago)

CK

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Option <b>1</b>.

Know it's a lot of work, but option 2 sounds so boring, since we're finally getting some of these prospects in the majors. And like Cat said, option 3 wouldn't be very exciting because we already know who the good teams are and probably who's going to win.

#9 DieHard Rocket, Jul 27, 2002
  10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

<deleted post>

#10 Manny Ramirez, Jul 27, 2002
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Option 1

I dont want to watch my hard work thrown away nor do I want to replay old seasons

12. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

I find Option 1 to be great, and I'll get right on it.

But c'mon guys... hard work?! :)