1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Scola Sohu Blog: someone is going to get traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NO NAME, Feb 1, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dam, Scola is my favorite player and while I realize he is one of the most obvious candidates to go it really didn't hit me till reading this. I hope this ends up being OT for Clyde all over again because if we lose Scola and don't get value in return that would suck badly.

2. maw7079

maw7079 Member

I wonder why the coach getting traded came up... could it be the players aren't all the way happy with Rick?

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the whole first part seems like an intro to an article to me....i can't imagine Scola would set it up like that for a blog/interview.....i think a chinese reporter interviewed Scola and either added "facts" to give some background info or it was translated from Scola's not-so-great english, to chinese, and back to english...and things were lost or changed in translation..

4. DreamRoxCoogFan

proof that many Rockets fans misplaced expectations on Ariza. You want to trade an MLE player who is playing the way most rational people expected (he was never supposed to be the man, or anything even close) over a player making $23M by sitting at home?

2 people like this.
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think it was just part of the jokes that were goign around...they got tired of talking about players trades and jokingly started suggesting the coach should be traded..and then someone asked if that could actually happen.

6. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

well, as far as I know, several Rockets players have "official" blogs on Chinese websites such as Sohu and Sina, whether or not they write their own blogs though, is a question.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Scola is gone, I want him to go to a contender. He deserves for all the hard work he put in on behalf of the Rockets.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have read Shane's. His reads like he talks. This Scola "Blog" just doesn't sound like him AT ALL.

9. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

It's an interesting read. I'm sure Scola said the majority of the context and had someone else polish it up for the blog. Everyone is biting their nails until the deadline. Hope he stays...

10. jayeal

jayeal Member

Are you Mythri?
    Maybe Louis will get traded.

11. ROXCHAMPSIN2k8

Has anyone thought of the possibility that maybe he writes it in Spanish, then has it translated to English and Chinese? I'm sure he can express himself much better in his native language.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nope.

I never had high expectations of him and infact I was one of the posters who kept saying, give him a chance, due to his role in this team he seems really bad out there, etc. Unfortunately, I've seen enough of Ariza to not want any part of him for the next 4 years.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That would be great. Keep us posted! I've always been wary of these types of "blog" articles.

14. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

yup...........................

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am a little shocked that Scola wrote something about trading coach.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

rick adelman and management have handed the keys to this team over to brooks, ariza, and landry this season. brooks and landry have taken to it and proved themselves valuable team members and trade assets. they're also both playing the same position they've played their entire careers - pg and pf.

if adelman's going to let ariza work off the dribble as a SG, he might as well let shane battier do it too. they both have similar skill sets - solid defense (though different styles) and proficient SPOT UP shooters. my point is that asking ariza to handle the ball is not so different than asking battier to do it (who makes more money btw). it's also not much different than asking an offensive lineman to play as an outside defensive end. it's just not the man's game. it doesn't mean he doesn't or can't add to our team. it means the coaching staff/management has placed him in the wrong role.

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Glad you mentioned it. It does read as if translated from Spanish to English.

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Hopefully David Nuno can verify this soon. Keep us posted!

19. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Anyone but Battier and Scola, please.

Veterans and hearts of the team.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry but I don't consider Ariza's defense to be nearly as what Morey said made the contract worth it. I don't like him gambling, I hate that he gets lots in cuts and screens, and I hate it that he gets out position where he can be as effective in team defense. He is not disciplined and that aggravates me as fan. His spot up shot is still up in the air since he only proved himself one playoff series. I've seen him miss a bunch of open shots with the Rockets.