1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you HATE the Dallas Cowboys?!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ESource, Jul 26, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would have to go with the whole "America's Team" garbage.
    I live in America, the Cowboys aren't my team so don't say they are. Then the whole Jerry Jones Macho Owner, hires and fires whoever he wants. Bozo the Switzer and his 6 shooter. Then of course the whole "Dallas Coke Boys" fiasco.

2. Timing

Timing Member

Hating the Cowboys is as Texan as George Strait and barbecue. It's just the way it is.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Here's the puzzler: who started the America's Team stuff?

I'm pretty sure it began in the Murchison/Schramm/Brandt/Landry years. Those were good guys, weren't they?

I think it is (as usual) the network's fault. They did the promotion on that deal, I think.....

Who knows?

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

NFL Films.

5. giddyup

By George, I think you've got it!

6. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I hated them because of the number of criminals on that team. Seemed like every player got arrested or suspended for drugs. I especially hated Michael Irvin. There were reports of cocaine binges, lesbian sex shows, and witness tampering linked to him. Seeing him in his pimp outfit attending a court hearing was too much. He got suspended, but in his first home game back, he got a STANDING OVATION. That's why I hated the Dallas Cowboys.

It's better now, so I don't hate them with a passion anymore. Now I just strongly dislike them :p

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm a 4th generation Houstonian...

I hate the Dallas Cowboys! I will always hate the Dallas Cowboys.

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Here's a better question : Why does anyone still care about the Cowboys? Jerry Jones has lead them to irrelvance.

9. ESource

ESource Member

Ahh, nothing like Cowboys talk to get the blood boiling!!! ;)
    We'll have to re-visit this topic when the season gets going. You've made some good points about my 'Boys BUT not good enough to shake my loyalty(21 years). Just remember though, there's a reason why we wear a "Star" on the helmet.....:D

10. giddyup

Because they are burning out?

11. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Definite;t during the Landry/Staubach/Dorsett years..
    my friend use to throw that at me when I told him how bad the Cowgirls sucked...:)

13. ESource

ESource Member

My predicted 53-man roster, Practice Squad, and Injured Reserve:

QB- Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright
    HB-Emmitt Smith, Troy Hambrick, Michael Wiley
    FB-Robert Thomas, Jamar Martin(R)
    TE- Tony McGee, James Whalen, Mike Lucky, Jeff Robinson
    WR- Rocket Ismael, Joey Galloway, Antonio Bryant(R), Ken-Yon Rambo, Randal Williams, Reggie Swinton
    OL- Flozell Adams, Larry Allen, Andre Gurode(R), Kelvin Garmon, Solomon Page, Matt Lehr, Char-ron Dorsey, Aaron Gibson
    DE- Greg Ellis, Peppi Zellner, Ebenezer Ekuban, Byron Frisch, Daleroy Stewart
    DT- La'Roi Glover, Brandon Noble, John Nix, Michael Myers, Willie Blade
    LB- Dexter Coakley, Dat Nguyen, Kevin Hardy, Markus Steele, Orantes Grant
    CB- Mario Edwards, Bryant Westbrook, Pat Dennis, Duane Hawthorne, Jason Bell, Derek Ross(R), Ralph Hunter(R)
    S- Darren Woodson, Roy Williams(R), Tony Dixon
    P- Micah Knorr
    K- Tim Sedler

Practice Squad: Javiar Collins-OT, Colston Weatherington-DE/DT, Woody Danztler-RB, Tony Taylor-RB, Dwayne Missouri-DE

Injured Reserve: Mike Walters-OT(R), DeVeren Johnson-WR(R), Dwayne Goodrich-DB, Frank Slokowski-TE(R)

See! "We" Cowboys fans can name more than three players.....;) :D