1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will start first 5 games at 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Catwink03, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Catwink03

Catwink03 Member

With MoT still having to fill his weed suspension, who do you think will start at PF? I guess it comes down to either Griff or KT, if he's not traded by then.

My guess is that KT will start the first 5 games and then maybe one more with Mo coming off the bench. Then Mo will start from there out.

2. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

It will be KT who starts and EG coming off the bench unless...

KT falls flat on his face in training camp and/or EG blows away everyone with his progress.

KT will not be traded until the Rocket are sure that MoT is physically ready.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That about sums it up.

(Free post.)

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Kenny Thomas.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I hope its Eddie...i think it would benefit Eddie to start those 1st 5 games (and hopefully more while Mo sits)...KT could be a great spark off the bench

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I say start whoever gives you the best change of winning the game. IF KT is a better PF at the start of the season than Eddie, then start KT. IF Eddie produces matchup problems and gives us the best chance of winning the game, then start Eddie.

At some point you have to be about winning more than player development and increasing trade value.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kenny!!!!!!!!

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Look for KT to hold on to the starting job for a while----he's going to surprise alot of people.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kenny will be the likely starter,and it won't be for only the first 5 games either. I think he will do even better than last year.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

kt will start. even if its just to boost his value.

11. Lobo

Lobo Contributing Member

KT and EG will both get a lot of minutes at the start of the season. Once the rest of the frontcourt (Ming, Nachbar, Rice, MoT) starts to come along, that may change.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope they start Eddie as if to say, you're our guy. The minutes will likely go to Kenny Thomas in my opinion.

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

KT will probably start with EG getting a ton of minutes. EG and Ming will be on the court together a lot and that will be exciting.

Too many 4's who will want $$$. Trade Mo Tay or KT, since its Mo Tay with the big contract, probably should trade him and sign KT for less. This way we can keep the nucleus intact.

14. haven

haven Member

I'd rather start Eddie, since Kenny has all the makings of a great bench player, while Eddie is the PF of the future. Let them get acquainted with their future roles :).

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

'Sigh' I hope Eddie, but most likely KT.