1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our "logjam" at the 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchise2001, Jul 9, 2002.

1. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Here is an idea,
    Maybe Steve can help unjam Yao at the #2 by giving him his log.
    I bet the Mingster would love that. Stevie knows how to make his new teamates feel right at home.

2. Sane

Sane Member

You're right, I'm no Rudy T, lol.

But taking Cato out of the equation? Even if we could cut him, that wouldn't be a good idea. We NEED him. He plays hard, rebounds, blocks shots, and has a big body. There's no way we can compete with Ming and Collier as the only 2 true C's. We CAN, on the toher hand, discount Collier. We play without him anyway, and he doesn't do anything at the C position that Mo T doens't do. Still, KT wants probably 20+ minutes. That's just not available, however you slice, dice or cut it.

3. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Can't blame Steve for wanting to loosen up Yao, he does seem up tight. All he wants to do his help him loosen upa bit by giving him his log.
    Now thats what i call a team leader. I know Francis would be worth soemthing one of these days. Maybe Mobley would like to join in the 3 some. Steve and Cuttino do seem a little too close don't you think,

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I love our depth coming into this season and I hope we don't move any of our top five big guys (Yao, Cato, MoT, KT, EG). They are each capable of playing either 4 or 5 in a pinch and will sometimes swap assignments on defense. We've also got a lot of shot blockers there for help defense.

I like the idea of playing each of them basically equal minutes, while Yao and Grif are developing. That's 30 big man fouls a game, without sacrificing by going to Collier. If it's understood that we want meaningful minutes for all five of these guys, they are free to play aggressively without worrying about foul trouble. If one of them fouls out, so what? We've got four starter calibre big men left. This is a luxury we can afford this year and one that will help our young players develop.

5. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

I think a trade with Dallas would do the trick. Kenny T for Wang and Adrian Griffin works. Wang for obvious reasons and Griffin for being a big defender a the two-spot. Dallas might do it, they could use a power guy next to Dirk.

Remember though, as long as everyone gets along, these are nice problems to have... :cool:

6. Sane

Sane Member

KT is not a starter calibre PF in the West. In the East, he'd be an average one. In the West, he's not starter's quality. Don't you think 4 big men is enough?

96 divided by 5 is 19.6. The only player that will be happy with those minutes is Yao Ming.

this team would be better without KT. Because KT will be the one asking for more minutes if he stays. At 6'7, you sure as hell better be Charles barkley to want big minutes on this team.

Cato(25)/Ming(23)
    MoT(23)/Griff(23)/T-Mo(2)
    Rice(20)/Nachbar(18)T-Mo(10)
    Mobley(38)/Francis(5)/Torres(5)
    Francis(33)/Mooch(15)

this is how I'd love to see the team. We can run like hell with this team. What I'd love to do, is trade KT for a re-signed Buckner, give the 10 minutes behind Mobley to him, while giving Francis 38 at PG, and Mooch 10 at backup PG.

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I have no idea what Rudy is going to do about playing time! I guess the hottest player will play.