1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer league on TV info

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil'ManSlick, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Lil'ManSlick

Lil'ManSlick Member

Can anybody tell me if the Rockets are going to be on TV like they were last year. I'm thinking it will be on espn or maybe its just Utah league.

Thanks.
    L

2. Smashingworth

Smashingworth Member

I believe ESPN is broadcasting a few games starting next week, but none of them are with the Rockets.

3. FranchiseRules

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

none of our games will be televised?

...that sucks:mad:

5. Col. Crap

Col. Crap Member

aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

6. BDJ

BDJ Member

It's just as well. Last time ESPN spent the whole game interviewing Rusty Larue in the bleachers. RUSTY LARUE! Bobby Hurley could beat him even with a collapsed lung. Rusty was on Utah's summer roster but hurt his knee and they kept talking to him instead of calling the game - it went on for at least a quarter. They kept talking to other ex-coaches and semi-pros too. I guess they felt like summer basketball wasn't interesting enough to just do a straight game, and I can understand how they would feel that way, but then don't put it on TV. And if you're going to put it on, then stay on it instead of cutting away from the game for five minutes at a time to interview scrubs.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Does anybody know if the games will be on the radio?