1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some interviews and reports of Yao Ming in China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jul 7, 2002.

1. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Interview of Yao Ming:

What is the first thing you need to do at NBA?
    Tap-off (jump ball)

Which players in Rockets do you know?
    Mobley, Francis, and a short guard who is very young and agile.

How do you prepare to adapt the regulations of NBA?
    I need to learn in the games. I will do some preparations by myself now.

Ming said he is looking forward to meeting Jay Williams in the warm-up match at August 22nd

At the first round of this tounament, Ming's stats is: 21.3 points and more than 12 rebounds in each game.

Before the lottery, in all the teams who want to get Ming, Houston Rockets and Grizzlies were the two teams that Ming most liked. Although NY was very sincere to want to get Ming, but the media and the fans will bring Ming a lot of pressure. So when Ming and his representatives knew the result of lottery, they were very glad.

2. lovethisgametoo

win&sea,

Has Su Quan been around this site? I think he would like this site, and he could even become a columnist here.

(you said you have his email address then I guess you have recommended this site to him)

3. Old School

Old School Member

What match is this???

os

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

OS, That is the USA vs China match in the World Champtionships. It is an exhibition game. USA vs China in the tournament is on Aug 31st. Jay Williams I believe IS on the USA team.

Chris

5. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Jay Williams on the WBC team.................I don't think so...check again!:confused:

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

Jay Williams is one of the reserve players, like Christian Laettner was in '92 with the original dream team.

7. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Once again, Ming doesnt mention knowing Mo Tay. Whats up with that story where Ming asked how Mo Tay was doing? I think Rudy and co. made that up.

9. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

The US team's front court consists of:

Shawn Marion
    Antonio Davis
    Raef Lafrentz
    Jermaine O'Neal

and I think they just added

Elton Brand
    Ben Wallace

Good players, but China's frontcourt (Yao, Zhi Zhi, Bateer) can hang with this. If China's backcourt wasn't so sorry, this game could have been ripe for an upset. Still, only 2 big bangers on the US squad. Should be fun.

11. robbie31580

robbie31580 Member

wow china is going to get murdered....i just hope ming looks decent.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think they added those big guys (esp. wallace) to make sure we are not embarassed by ming.

13. robbie31580

robbie31580 Member

how would ming embarrass any of those guys? he hasnt played against anyone who is NBA level yet, especially all-star NBA level.

14. Old School

Old School Member

He hasn't??

Hmmm, Vince Carter. Gary Payton. Ask them about their shots Yao put into the stands.

He played against the USA and the best they had to offer in the freakin' Olympics.

What more do you want??

os

15. Panda

Panda Member

What a great chance for Yao and the fans to gauge his level of play against top NBA players after two years from the Olympics, since when he's made vast improvement. I'm definitely looking forward to the game.

16. Stevie Francis

Man i freakin can;t wait to see this guy play. I was bumed out that i would not get to see him in the summer league games, but now i just remebered that we'll get to see him in the goodwill games. (Somebody give me a HELL YEAH!!!).....HELL YEAH!!!:)

17. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Will this be televised?