1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve will sign the extension ONLY if....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I think Troy might as well be Steve... and we are getting his stream of consciousness wired right into the BBS. Troy's attitude certainly reflects some of the little things we know about Steve based on his public comments about Ming. I also say a lot of things on a lot of subjects, that if were taken out of context wouldn't mean JACK! He probably had a conversation with Steve today and these are the ideas that just popped into his head.

Troy is not the voice of logic and planning. He is the voice of emotion. There is no filter between the brain and the mouth (or in this case, his two typing fingers).

Take the info for what it is worth! This is probably what Steve wants. Whether it is possible or not, I'm sure Steve wishes that the Rockets are at his command and Ming will obey him like his elementary school pupil.

This will all change like the weather.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe Doc, in today's age of the PC and internet, I would not put it past him.

It also means that CatoInstitute is REALLY Cato.

:)

Now, about passing the ball more often Steve...errr...TROY !!

:)

DaDakota

3. Doctor Robert

At this point in the summer, I am happy to hear what Steve is thinking. I don't have a problem with Troy's posts.

I know what they mean and how to read them. Pointing out that they aren't possible is one thing, but criticizing Troy for their validity is worthless. The guy shouldn't be persecuted any more because he has a delicate ego. The Troy bashing is actually more irritating now than the emotional backlashes they generate.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Getting high????

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

TB= Tierre Brown

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.

I was reading this thread -in amazement as the responses were as if people actually were taking a TB thread seriously.

TB threads are for amusement only and contain no informational value.

7. Doctor Robert

Yeah, sorry Will. I should have first paid my respects to that little tid bit of comic genius.

It passed right through the radar. :)

8. Col. Crap

Col. Crap Member

ok...

aargh!

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yes Troy, I am twelve. Pretty smart for twelve though, no? Got your goat, after all.

Look. I believe that you know Steve and I believe that you're posting his thoughts. I've said that before. You say he thinks the board is funny. Does he have any idea how bad you make him look to all of the Rockets' biggest fans? The ones who own computers are all here. They are ALL HERE. And you make him look like an ass. It's no wonder all the Steve bashing happened directly after your posts. I didn't take part in it, but I understand it. People do believe you. And it makes Steve look very bad. That's a fact, pal. If you were a good friend you'd let him determine his own reputation. Instead you come on here spouting off his first (very emotional) reaction to everything as if it were etched in stone. Bad call, brother. Cause Steve knows better and he cools off before he talks in public.

Why do you ignore the various, multiple pleas to explain how incredibly wrong you've been every time you've passed on an ultimatum as though it came straight from your good, good friend?

We drafted Yao, right? Why isn't Steve negotiating with Chicago or NY, like you GUARANTEED? From everything I've heard (including from Steve on TV), he's changed his tune. According to you that would have been impossible.

I appreciate inside info a lot. It's the main reason I come to this site, followed closely by smart analysis by folks like heypartner and incredibly conscientious management by Clutch and the rest. But while I do believe you have inside scoop you make this board a drag. And your scoops aren't worth much as they are stated like absolute fact and they just plain aren't.

And frankly, being a toady to a celebrity is not an accomplishment and does not warrant arrogance. You are a sad example of a man. And I am sorry for you.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Batman Jones,

I just noticed the signature line with the quote from the late, great Bill Hicks...nice.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

aelliot,

Glad you liked it. I got a million where that came from. I had the pleasure of seeing Bill Hicks live five or six times before it was too late. Thanks for the reply. I've always enjoyed your posts and I'm not at all surprised you are among the few homers to appreciate the last great comedian of our time.

B. Jones

12. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

aelliott, the actual logistics are no problem since Troy so clearly stated:

You see? The Collective Bargaining Agreement... signed off by all of the owners and the player's union actually doesn't affect Steve Wevie F***ing Fwanchise.

I'm having a seriously difficult time now differentiating between the thought that TroyBaros is an ******* and the thought that Steve Francis is an *******. Perhaps I should reflect. Or perhaps I should go spit on the cattle wire surrounding the bottom floor of my condo.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's what seems to be going on, as far as I can tell. Troy probably really knows Steve. Troy probably actually reports what Steve says to him. However, Steve is a windbag, and makes a buttload of demands to try to see how much power he has, or to just make himself feel important. In the end, when Rudy/Les/CD put their foot down, and let Steve know that he is NOT going to get whatever he wants and must adhere to their rules, Steve backs off and changes his tune, and Troy changes his tune as a direct result. It is all just a lot of hot air, coming from Troy and Steve. But at least it is fun to see Troy eat his words time and time again. :)

#73 RunninRaven, Jul 10, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2002
  14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What public comments about Ming? Francis hasn't said ANYTHING negative about Ming, at least publicly. I mean someone says Francis says something and he gets raked over the coals, and it gives people who want to rip hiim a chance to rip him (like assuming that he wishes the Rockets were at his command, and Ming would obey him like a elementary school pupil). That's just people's assumption based on what!? Ideas that popped into Francis head while talking to him? This is getting out of hand now, people are just jumping to conclusions. I agree Doc Rocket, this is out of control.

15. Doctor Robert

Achebe, we got some serious negative associations going on here.

Some other things I wouldn't recommend doing:
    - Scratching your fingernails on a chalkboard while eating ice cream.
    - Slamming doors on your hands after speaking to family.
    - Poke yourself in the eye while watching Seinfeld reruns.

16. Doctor Robert

He said that he didn't know if he could play with Ming. Just a general pouty remark.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Is Troy Baros posting while he is playing Fantasy Basketball or is he passing on Steve Francis's desires? If this what SF realy thinks, then he has Visions of Grandeur ( Websters)and must be delusional. We all know Steve wants to have a great Team to grow up arround him and he will not rock the boat, now that all the parts are in place! So at this point I suggest we have confidence that Steve wiil get his contract sorted out, in a respectful and professional way! Unlike Troy Baros Steve Francis is a Professional.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

TB,
    I don't know if you know Steve, but to shut everyone up (if you are telling the truth), why don't you just provide a picture or something.

Everyone will stop talking if you have proof you can show people.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The email Troy sent to me about 3 weeks ago explaining what he had initially heard and posted about Francis (after he caused all those problems with the way he was responding) was very clear that he did not know Francis personally: That his friend did. I won't go in to detail because that would betray what was told to me, but he was amazed to be within "10 feet" of Francis when he heard him say what he did.

Initially he was on to something but somewhere along the line this got way out of hand. After all the blatantly wrong "scoops", to see now him saying he and Steve are pals, and here is Steve's view of the website..... I think it's time to end this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.