1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brief TMac Update:Still Limping

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Morey said tmac is getting better and better. no limping or knee troubles

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

...And in Morey we trust

3. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Feigan said that T-Mac wasn't limping

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Daryl: Tracy is mixing it up during practices.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I love how many people assume that because McGrady is limping after a workout means he's not making any progress, rather regressing. Always remember that "Assumptions are DANGEROUS". With as much TMAC has been rehabbing, muscle soreness and tightness should be expected.
    Nothing to be worried about. After seeing Gilbert and Jermain O'Neal play the last few days, i'm sure Mac will come back to be fairly effective.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Until I hear otherwise, I'll do what Rockets fans are supposed to do..."Believe"

7. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I'm tired of the misquotes from the Portland TV announcers. They did not say that TMac looks horrible. Those words were filtered by a poster, and no doubt, a poster that is trying to make the popular-as-of-late case that TMac is 'weak'. :rolleyes:

The Portland announcers made one comment about him. They said that they watched him sprint up and down the court once and afterwards he looked winded. They didn't say he limped. They didn't say he looked horrible. They didn't say that he looks unhealthy or that he doesn't look like he's going to be ready in December. They said he looked winded after sprinting 200 feet.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say Dorsey said the same thing that Bucher said. Technically, Bucher didn't say that he was limping...he said an unnamed Warrior player said it was obvious that he was limping. So you're telling me that Dorsey claims that it's obvious that Tracy is limping? If that's the case then he's the only Rocket's source that claims it, which makes it exactly the opposite of obvious.

As well, we have an eye witness that was at the game that claimed that TMac looked normal. I think it's safe to say that normal does not include limping.

[​IMG]

And now for my soapbox rant: :mad:

There are a crap load of posters on this board that will say anything to try to sway the opinions of others regarding Tracy McGrady in a negative way. You guys claim a lack of heart, no passion, that he quits, that he's full of crap, that he'll say anything.

Why all the bashing? I've been watching as many games as you since TMac joined the rockets. There are only two things that could lead you to think that he has no heart and that he's a (oh my god) a 'cancer' (seriously, a cancer? unbelievable).

A) He speaks his mind [what he predicts doesn't always happen, but he doesn't claim to be a prophet, so he's entitled to the same predictions that you are] and B) he's injury prone [and is trying to manage or balance recovering from injuries with leading the team to wins].

How many people here have claimed that they don't want Yao playing before he's fully recovered? Or Scola playing after he sprained his ankle? That they're worth too much to the team to play before they're truly ready to play at 100%? Why should it be different for Tracy?

Instead, with McGrady you complain that he suddenly gets injured when trade talks start up, or that he's sitting on his arse when he should be playing. So he comes back before he's fully recovered and gets injured again. How does that make him a cancer? How does that prove that he has no heart to lead this team? It seems to be that it's exactly the opposite. It proves that he has heart and that he has a strong desire to lead this team to success.

And when has he ever disappointed us in the playoffs? He's been consistently our top producer every time he's been healthy enough to play during the playoffs. And yet there are still claims that he's a quitter. Inconceivable!

So before you go on about how McGrady is bad for this team, think it through. Look at it from all sides of the debate. And then back up your claims with more than some opinion that McGrady sucks.

And for the record, I want either for McGrady to be traded for healthier scoring talent, or that he re-signs with us for a much more reasonable contract that takes into account his health issues. I'm not a Tracy only fan. But I understand his value to the team. It's time that you do too.

*I'm not talking about all of you, but you know who you are*

2 people like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The occasional limping doesn't mean squat. It could be sore or a sprained ankle. Nothing serious.

9. cavevato

cavevato Member

cue the "you got to admit he brings alot of it on himself" quote

Anyways I agree w/ ya

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's wise to jump the gun on any kind of rumor or 3rd party observation of his warm-ups before the game.

They aren't doctors, and aren't working with T-mac day-to-day.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

one of the funniest things ive heard recently

12. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

wait wait - did T-Mac get a flu shot?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great news, thanks.

DD

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm counting on TMac for 0 pts this season. If he comes back healthy, then that is great, and if he doesn't, then I'll feel sorry for him. I like McGrady, and I'll always be disappointed that he didn't get out of the first round. He deserved to.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Let me ask the following question: If Eric Riley gets a 1994 NBA Championship ring despite actually making the Rockets' 12-man playoff roster (he was still on the team, though), then shouldn't T-Mac get credited with getting out of the first round this past season?

Discuss.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He should not. Ron should, though.

17. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

in the portland game the rockets got butchered. they definitely need mcgrady if they want to make anyt noise this season.

so i hope he comes back healthy. and no one will trade their superstar for him so chill or skip this season if you've had enough of the tmac drama.

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

do people really still have any expectations at all for girls name?

19. t-mac rockets

t-mac rockets Member

Here's a vid of t-mac at the portland pre game

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKsR8CVK63s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKsR8CVK63s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Exactly. He tried his hardest and it seemed to be Yao who wouldn't show up.. and our lack of supporting cast.