1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 2: Houston VS GSW matchup on Wednesday 10/28

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ommy48, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ommy48

ommy48 Member

This should be a very interesting game matchup wise for both teams based on the Starting Line-up that Don Nelson announced today after practice:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/lan...-as-starting-poin=1&blockID=83289&feedID=2539

Stephen Curry will start as the PG (based on his very good pre-season)
    Monta Ellis at the 2 spot
    Stephen Jackson at the 3
    Anthony Randolph or Corey Maggette at the 4 (AR is having some back problems that might keep him out of the starting line-up if it doesn't heal up, in which case Maggette will start in his place)
    Andris Biedrins at center

So this might be a much easier line-up for Adelman and the Rockets to match up against especially if Maggette starts the game and Azubuike is still out with an injury (in which case Nelson has said that he will use the 6'2 Acie Law as the back-up to Stephen Jackson). In fact with Ariza, Battier and Landry all at 6'8 and above, Houston should have a size advantage inside.

This game probably comes at the perfect time for the Rockets as well, on the 2nd night of a back to back, with the first game being in Portland with their tough Frontcourt. Anyways, should be a highly entertaining game, and as a Bay Area Resident I look forward to seeing how Adelman adjusts to Nelson's line-up or if he largely uses the same personnel for the same amount of minutes as he will against Portland. I expect to see Budinger a lot more against GSW than against Portland for one thing.

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Shouldn't we focus on the first game before we worry about the second?

3. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I think discussing this topic is fine. I think this will be an interesting discussion as both teams will look to run and gun. What are the key things the Rockets need to do in order to win? Do any veteran posters have insight on this?

4. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

This is also a game that we may see a Brooks and Lowry backcourt extensively as they can each matchup with Curry/Ellis.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Yup, perhaps Brooks will move to the 2 for the majority of the game.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

They are all planning a return to elite status?

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol wrong thread, although I meant to post in this one as well.

This game should give us a very interesting look at exactly how effective our fastbreak is, as Golden State's style will be conducive to that kind of play.

In a way we will be able to see our offense smoothing out. I think the Portland game might be little rocky.

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I just find it funny that he made a thread about game 2 when game against the blazers haven't been made. That being said Warriors are my favorite team fantasy wise. They have 5 guys that can help your team. But that doesn't make them a great team. A. Morrow is a player you have to watch out for. He was on fire in the summer league and he's still on fire in the pre season. Pick him up if you can.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Transition defense.

10. ROXCHAMPSIN2k8

I will be at that game. Any other fellow clutchfans going?

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Take pics of the power dancer with curly hair. Thanks

12. ROXCHAMPSIN2k8

I'll see what I can do

13. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Koo.. I have Curry on my fantasy team. :D

14. ommy48

ommy48 Member

This will be the GSW lineup based on the last practice today and the warriors beat writers or interviewed the players this afternoon:

PG Curry, SG Ellis, SF Jax, PF Turiaf, C Biedrins

It appears that Don Nelson wants to have some big guys to back up the small tandem of Curry and Ellis, with Anthony Randolph and Corey Maggette coming of the bench with Morrow, Law and CJ Watson....

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Best thing about this is we can get Lowry and Brooks more time on the floor together to negate the ball-handling inabilities of Ariza/Battier.

16. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Lets go Rockets!