1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest is angry at the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quickballah, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

That is exactly what I hope for. The dude was good for us when he played here but he really doesn't know what he's talking about right now. Please Tracy, come back healthy and drop 40 on him. I hate it when anyone talks mess towards the Rockets, arguably the classiest organization out there.

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I don't wanna be too optimistic about his possible return,it's microfracture surgery he'd taken along with the shoulder surgery.

It's still not etched in stone,all speculations and rumors flapping in the wind. :p

Well,if he could make it,I'll so excited to welcome him back.

3. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

I want to hear Tmac's response to this. Hope it adds some fire to him, remember when Ron was calling out Tmac last year?

Ohh I can't wait until the next Lakers vs Rockets, it's going down b****.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I loved Artest last year and understood why he left(even if it was the Lakers). However, while I still like him as a player, this comment is incredibly idiotic. The lakers were the ones that didn't want a SnT deal.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Watch out Brent Barry. Ron-Ron said no shots for you lol

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

**** Ron. That 3 point jacking,Overrated defender,no gooder. :mad: :cool: :D

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't think that writer understands what Artest is angry about.

Artest would have likely made more than his last year's salary had he stayed with the Kings. He probably would have made even more had he gone to some mediocre team in dire need of his defense. With Yao and Mcgrady sidelined, the rockets had no reason to go all in and give Ron a big contract.

Of course, most of this is his own inflated self worth (and some dumb comments made a year ago) but the rockets' one year rental ruined his chances of someone using his bird rights to sign him to a contract over the MLE.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Can't wait to see the look on Kobe's face when Ron-Ron goes to his signature move......the step-back, fadeaway, contested three pointer.

9. kramer_k

kramer_k Member

Oh, Ron, I thought you liked us!
    Makes for an interesting game next season, though.

10. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I expect some fireworks in the next Lakers vs Rockets game in Houston. Ron will try and act all hard and try and rub it in to the Rockets by instigating some sort of a skirmish with one of our players(best bet is Tracy or Ariza).

And I'm sure Artest has spoken with Wafer and persuaded him not to return to Houston as well.

11. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Ron always talks crazy in his interviews ... he's a blast to listen to ... I'm sure this is just some of his funny BS ... not actually trashing the Rockets ... he's always spoken very highly of the Rockets.

12. Apollo88

Apollo88 Member

Man this is all publicity to give our team some media attention this coming season, I mean ESPN and TNT are not even interested about seeing Ariza guarding Kobe? What Ron is doin' now will make us thanking him during the season all because Ron is such a attention-getter and it will help our team get national tv coverage at least for the LA vs HOU games. He is pissed about not getting a sign-and-trade to LA but the real culprit is the LA management for not agreeing in such a deal because of luxury tax. And Ron knows about this and definitely would not lash out on his LA team so he directed it to HOU so at least he could give something back to H-town and the fans for all the love and respect.

Thanks Ron!!! I hope it will work.

13. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

I dont care. He can FK himself for all i care. He was always a rent a scumbag who wanted to play for the Lakers secretly. in a sense he was a traitor. He got what he wanted. I just want him to know when the Lakers dont win and everyone blames him since they expect nothing less now that Ariza is here and they have to justify for getting rid of him and taking Artest instead by winning the title again, I will also be there to blast him like the others at every stop for not making them title winners. He can also be reminded constantly of how he was the bad move the Lakers made when they dont win a title. I hope he realizes that and that anything less and he is the loser in all of this. Regardless Artest is not important anymore. He is a proven unstable monkey who will turn on you in a heart beat. Much like a wild animal. He has no redeeming qualities of character in his body. He couldnt even waite to see if he was gonna be a Rocket before he approached Kobe in the shower to ask him to play for the team that just beat his and pushed them around doing it. That says alot about this weasel Artest is.

14. sw847

sw847 Member

yeah i got that feeling as well...there really is no one on this team other than tracy that need to be locked down at the 2 or 3. Battier, ariza, white...are not that great a offensive threat anyway.

For the past few weeks, I was actually angry how people on this board was saying artest was going to mess up the team chemistry of the lakers or he was not a great defensive player anymore etc...I was thinking that artest contributed a lot to this team last year and how he really helped us to get to the second round...but after reading this article (offcourse assuming this article is based on facts and not just random made up *****), i really lost all my respect for the guy... :(

15. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

Who says he wasnt helping the Lakers?I wouldnt put it past this guy. He played absolutely horrible in every game as if he wasnt giving his best effort every night or just too busy admiring Kobe the whole time. Had he had just one on night in the whole series we would have won another game eliminating the Lakers and maybe in his ego driven and crazy mind also ended his chances at being a Laker. I am just saying has anybody seen how he talked about them constantly and adored them throughout the whole process? It was weird. Even Cleveland offered him a chance to play there and he turned them down for Kobe because he loved the guy that much.

16. Yao Rambis

Yao Rambis Member

When we signed Ron Ron, I jumped on the bandwagon and fully supported him. But, now that he's gone, I've been waiting for a good reason to hate him again.

Now I have a reason!

I wanna see Doresey lay his ass out. Or, I wanna see someone piss him off and get him kicked out of a game.

17. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Ron made his own bed by signing with the Fakers, he just needs to deal with it. I find it hilarous he thinks he did so much for us with Deke, Yao & Tracy out, I'm guessing in the 2nd round, but aren't there at least 8 other guys who stepped up. He did help against Portland, playoff wise, but was completely lost in the Faker series. I do think we were good to him while he was a Rocket, but I think Deke made sure Ron listened to him. I personally believe Deke may have kept most of the guys in line, he was in the NBA the longest, and should have been the most respected in the locker room.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ron bein' ron, nothing new here.

ron plays worse when he talks though. he talked a lot in the playoffs and he played terrible. so hopefully, he'll bring that "D" game (literally) when he plays us :D

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Screw Ronald. Dude is a publicity w****.

[​IMG]

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Ron being Ron. I still wonder why a sign and trade didn't go down. Marion gets a sign and trade as do Hedo, but the rockets and lakers couldn't work something out. Just on merit and basically the same contract to help both teams keep their mle. I guess it is what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.