1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll probably get killed for this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outkast9000, Jun 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Outkast9000

Outkast9000 Member

But what if the Rockets aren't getting Ming? Wouldn't YOU be tired of negotiating w/ an entire COUNTRY? If the Rockets are looking at other players, GOOD, so at least we know our options. I still think its ridiculous for everybody on this board to trip out anyone says anything negative bout Ming. He will probably be a Rocket, and thats cool, but if he isn't coming then we need to have a contingency plan and have it set. THE DRAFT IS LIKE A WEEK AWAY AND WE STILL AREN'T DONE GETTING CLEARANCE FROM THE CHINESE!!!! Isn't anyone else wondering what is really goin on?

C

(plan) B Reasonable
    Hey Caron Butler will be on the board at ! :D

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I think its been on all of our minds...I don't see this getting ironed out completely in a week.:(

3. Outkast9000

Outkast9000 Member

thanks for being honest man

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

Not really. The organization has done its part. It is all about internal negotiations/discussions now. If they work out, and the letter gets sent to FIBA, then the Rockets draft the guy. If it doesn't, then Ming is not eligible for the draft, and the Rockets take another route. As Rudy and CD have both stated, they have their preference, but are prepared for any and all contingencies.

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I have stirred up some of the Bulls fanatics on the ESPN message board. Using reverse psychology/ and spreading rumors borrowed from the infamous RocketGuy has really got some of them worried.

Wont you join the cause and help our beloved Rockets in this battle of Draft Day supremacy.

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?LIST&room=nba_chi

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thr CBA and the Shanghai Sharks want to be the strong man in this situation. The Rockets will have to draft him first, then they will come through. Or they might make further demands! I am sure the Rox would like to know by the 19th.If he isn't coming then Dunlavy could be their #1. I would rather have Williams as he is the 2nd best player in the draft.

7. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

I really hope that negotiations hit a snag. I have all the confidence in the world in Rudy and CD, but I think that this particular decision is a bad one. We got lucky with the #1, it is giving us the opportunity to shore up 2-3 positions via trade. Rudy and CD though are intent on drafting Ming, who MIGHT one day be good. This is just too big a gamble when we have the chance to solidify every weakness on this team.

8. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Because I love this topic (ming, rockets, draft, trade, etc.) i'll post my opnion, take it for what it is worth... I too trust Rudy and CD. Their unmatched ability at finding guys to contribute in poor drafts (Thomas) and in the second round (Cat) along with their draft successes (Horry, Cassell) keep me in my chair waiting for them to provide me with the best approach. They have killed teams in deals (Francis, Griffin is the MAN) and with the exception of our high-priced, bench-riding will play for donut SF, have made a tremendous overhaul of our team...ok, i'm grading on a slight curve.

If they say "bring Ming", Ming it is. If they say trade the rights to shore up all soft spots, then so be it. I think I've read every possibility from giving away Francis (another thread) to totally raping the Clippers, the Bulls, the Warriors, the Heat, the list goes on. I just have to trust that with as many draft triumphs as this group has had, if they are clamoring for Ming, he must be something SPECIAL!

I have to remind myslef, that IT IS the first pick in the draft, but even that IMO will not bring Brand (as if), Odom/Battier, Curry (See ROCKET!!! trade rumor) and change. That would be TOO EASY!!! It is the first pick in the draft, but we will not be star-studded with five all-star's on our team post-draft because of it.
    Nor would we want that for cap reasons.

I'm not going to pretend to know the answer, and I appreciate everyone's opinions and enjoy reading most of them (except for trading Francis or Griffin...come on...), but I'll sit back and wait for the draft, checking here every half hour for new info. In the mean time, I'll go out to the internet for a little Jennifer Love Hewitt (back to the daily grind for me)!

9. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

KILL HIM!!!

:D

Just playin OUTKAST9000!! (In case the cops read this...)

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Heard of Cuttino Mobley at the 2?

11. fred futureStar

I think you're on track. I'm easy with the Rocket brain trust and upper echelon. If for red tape and/or political reasons, we can't sign Ming, no one else will either. We move on down the road, and things get real interesting, real fast. Regardless, we're still in a win-win situation. Just hold them horses a little longer. The race is about to start. Trifecta finish - Ming, Nachbar, and Sasovic

12. sracer1000

sracer1000 Member

I think he meant 2 To 3 positions. Not the 2 and the 3.
    just fyi :D :D :D