1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am i Homer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ImG, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ImG

ImG Member

wow i did not think we were gonna get ariza, now the artest move is almost a lateral move for us and not that backwards. yea artest is a bruiser on the court and a better scorer. but ariza is more athletic and imho has better potential. Both can defend on their own style and can shoot threes ( ariza percentage is kinda misleading but he did it well for the lakers late in the season and during the playoffs) Long stretch but maybe yao does get healed from the surgery and contribute mid season and whats big difference between this current roster and our beloved one last season. Wafer? A decent backup C? yes we aren't better but we can still be competitive and grow as a team. and this is without factoring the miraculous dream of tmac coming back at 90 percent. I love what morey has done in these years. Maybe my rockets shades have been on too long, but i was a fan before any of these current players were a rocket and WILL be one after any of these players retire.

2. Yak

Yak Member

...d'oh

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

We are all Homers but if you take a step back you make valid points...I love this move its a smart basketball move even with the length and amount of the contract.

4. ImG

ImG Member

maybe i shouldn't use the word competitive, i know we aren't contenders at the point. But i don't think we are gonna be the knicks or raptors league. I am not gonna be disappointed if we don't get the W's, but you have to play smart and hard which i think this team is capable of doing.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Could have easily gone here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=171258 or in any number of other threads.

Please remember that this is a forum that needs as few threads as possible in order to help keep information and discussions organized. It's not a personal blog.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

No homer.

Pause.

7. BlakeBroussard

Well call me a homer, but I think we can still make the playoffs as a 6 or 8 seed and if Yao and/or TMac come back at 75 percent or better after the all star break I wouldn't count us out for a real playoff run.

Even though our stars are injured and Artest is gone; we still have a lot of good players with a lot of upside. If our Rockets manage to play as a team and with good chemistry (like we saw in the playoffs this year) we've still got a fighter's chance.

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

yep, you are a homer