1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chron) Lakers selling Western Final Tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SORF, May 16, 2009.

1. SORF

SORF Member

If already posted, please delete

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6426604.html

Jump the gun

The Los Angeles Lakers took the unusual step of putting tickets to the Western Conference finals on sale Friday, two days before the final game of the Western Conference semifinals against the Rockets.

Though the series will start Tuesday in Los Angeles if the Lakers win Sunday and in Denver if the Rockets advance, it is rare to sell tickets to a series while playing in another series.

It is considered unheard of for an organization that does not need the playoff tickets as an incentive to put deposits on future season-ticket packages.

The Lakers sell out every game and have the top gate in the NBA.

“That’s called proactive marketing,” Rockets forward Shane Battier said. “Any good marketing manager would tell you to do it, right? I don’t really care what the marketing department of the Lakers has to say.”

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

If I'm the coach, I'm pinning that up on the board in the locker room.

3. Variant

Variant Member

Pretty standard practice for any team I think...

4. moo

moo Member

lol. I love the guy more every day!

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Every Rocket should pitch in and buy 2 tickets each. Then pour champagne all over them after winning game 7.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

7. ROXCHAMPSIN2k8

the rockets sold tickets to game 7 against the jazz last year. I bought some and when i asked for my money back they wanted me to use it for a deposit on next year season tickets. I ended up getting a refund.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I tweeted the link from you yoyo too... so I am sure someone picked it up ;)

9. Teamwork

Teamwork Member

Well, all I want to say is... if we win game 7 tomorrow, the laker fans can
    keep those tickets to wipe their monkey ass. :D

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Sounds like locker room poster board material to me... :D