1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather have? A healthy Yao or Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 29, 2009.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Healthy Yao

71.9%
  2. Healthy Tmac

28.1%
  1. shenyin0523

shenyin0523 New Member

there is no better C in this game.but we can find many better FGs.
    so why don't we take the unique one

2. boiledwater

boiledwater New Member

I prefer the healthy Yao. You can't count on healthy T-mac to win the Champion,
    But it still has a chance to win the champion if we have healthy Yao.

The best situation is having them both healthy. :)

3. rocketman5803

rocketman5803 Member

actually I want both!
    T-MAC is the most talented wing player I've ever seen in my 9 watching experience.I kown a lot of people are sick of him now(so am I!),but i gotta say that if he can return back to THE T-MAC that he used to be,or just 70% strong(both physically and mentally) as he used to be ,it would be a great help to the ROX right now.OF COURSE WITH YAO!!!

4. traineek

traineek New Member

Only 2 options? I want both...

1 person likes this.
  5. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

Healthy Yao can be stopped.
    Healthy T-Mac can't be stopped.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

To be honest, and not to be mean, I try to ignore all these threads involving McGrady and Yao asking who's better, who'd you rather have, it's time to trade, and blah blah.. But I thought hey, they'll never stop so I'll say something.

I'd love to have a healthy McGrady over Yao ANYDAY.

..... but wait, theirs more to it.

I'm talking about the deadly, lethal Orlando Magic McGrady. Imagine that McGrady with our current roster minus Yao, versus the Portland Gayblazers, we would have swept them, no question to it.

Then imagine it against the Lakers. I personally think the Orlando Magic McGrady >>>>> Kobe. Kobe wouldn't have a chance against him. We would've won 4-1 against them.

..... but even better.

If we had a healthy Orlando Magic McGrady with a broken foot-less Yao, oh god, we would ALL be jizzing in our pants, game after game, because we just would never stop losing.

We'd all faint by seeing our end of the season record of 82-0.
    Michael Jordan would probably have a heart attack.

:D

7. milanose7en

milanose7en New Member

could i have lebron?

8. Mr. Dominant

Sorry mate, he's going to retire and be a legend as a Cavalier.

9. Mr. Dominant

Although I don't mind trading Yao, McGrady and Brooks for LeBron.. If that were even possible. :(

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I would take a healthy TMAC....hell i'd take the one we had in the 2004-05. (ofcourse his younger years would be even better....)

Team know how to stop Yao now with the smaller guards fronting....takes him completely out of the game.

Yao is a liability on defense when facing smaller opponents, or ones that have range. The PnR's kill him.

I love Yao as much as the next fan, for how great of a person he is and clubhouse guy. He has tremendous skills for a 7'6" guy, but teams know his weakness now.

11. silentsky

silentsky Member

is that the theory u use to choose tmac over yao? base on your theory, i summon the Tmac in the Magic era. where did the socring champ go? lottory that entitled with 19 games losing stk

12. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I guess 925 people on clutchfans are Yao only fans according to ItsMyFault. :rolleyes:

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

Trade both of them.

14. HoustonBoi

HoustonBoi Member

You're correct, however the counter argument is that Yao can be taken out physically. McGrady can easily be taken out mentally in a game. McGrady's physical gifts are too much to contain, but mentally he's so weak that he'll stop trying and using his all-world gifts for the benefit of the team.

Besides, this point is pretty moot, if both were healthy the record shows that the Rockets are really, really, really good. And that's with the team not clicking on all cylinders. As many YOF and TOF there are, I think most of both groups and Rockets fans would agree if Yao was healthy to take advantage of McGrady giving him the passes to beat the front, and McGrady as mentally strong enough to play within the offense more and not sulk, the team would be better than the Lakers and probably be the best team in the West, especially with Battier and possibly Artest back, and another year in the NBA under the belt of Scola and Brooks.

15. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

the 2004-05 mcgrady was pretty much the only year tracy wasn't injured; that was pretty much the orlando tracy

16. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Yao no questions asked! Has T-Mack ever been healthy :rolleyes:

17. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

Yea, they have a strong post player like Shaq, KG, Duncan.

But is Yao in the same category as those guys? Can Yao dominate games like shaq, make defensive key plays like KG, and fundamentally will his team into a win like Duncan?

Explain to me why Yao is in the same category as those guys besides his stats.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he can, this era of centers is weak. The other best center is Dwight Howard who Yao usually has no problems with.

19. MandM's

MandM's Member

can i have both?

20. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

What's your take that ItsMyFault says that anybody who says Yao in this thread is automatically a Yao only fan? Is that some weak excuse that T-Mac is not winning this poll? He also said This doesn't count now, because He said so lol.

Oh and Yao is better than Howard. :D