1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] Yao Ming's Season is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 9, 2009.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Where's Deke when you need him ? Ow well, it wasn't our season anyway.

I feel sorry for Yao, he will never be able to take the pounding of the reg season and playoffs playing this much. I blame the Rockets for never getting good players with size to fill in for him. It's a shame... :(

2. MONON

MONON Member

I just had a thought! When Yao went out last year, didn't we win 10 in a row? :D

3. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

man...just can't believe it happened again. Yao did a great job of staying healthy throughout the season, and we at least accomplished something this year. Hopefully the team can get through this and find a way to win this next one, to guarantee at least 1 more game at home. This could have been a little easier if we still had Deke...but now we're going to have to go with that small lineup the whole way.

4. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Terrible news

Can't help but feel sad for Yao :(

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Shaq's tweet about Yao:

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

Bring in Shaq. Twin Towers 2. Make it happen!

7. bayern0906

bayern0906 Member

Yao,leave Houston,there is no hope for champion in Rockets ! Alexander is too stingy to buy a good substitute center !

8. emcsquared

emcsquared Member

Yes.
    This is exactly what I see.
    I believe Alexander does not really care about basketball.
    It is all about money for him.

9. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

i cried when i heard this on ESPN earlier

and how about all the negative people GTFO NOW!!!

10. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

The rockets will never trade yao bec of all the chinese/asian business he generates. But we cant have this going on every single year!! When will this ever end?! :mad:

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

You know how, no matter who's on our roster, at the beginning of every season other teams' fans often say "Whatever, at least one of McGrady and Yao will get injured at some point"? That always pisses me off. But...they have been right for what, 4 years now? Damn, are there really such things as curses? :(

12. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

This is Yao's and Adelmans fault! 1st of all, Adelman should've regulated Yao's minutes no matter what! 2ndly, Yao should use some brains and not too much heart when it comes to playing the right amount of minutes in a game! By playing more, he has hurt as more once again! These people never learn godamit! :mad:

13. rockets08_09

rockets08_09 Member

First time posting, im from Bakersfield, CA a huge ROCKETS fan for about 18 years now. I'm in a city full of Laker fans and can't stand to lose to them; it really really sucks. Today when i found about YAO, I felt like crying but hey gotta keep the head up and look forward to tomorrow. All these people talking about trading Yao and Mac have no idea what they have done for our team and don't know about loyalty and will never learn to be loyal.

I would love to win a championship but would like to do it with loyalty, heart and with players like YAO, not like the lakers where everything is set up for them to be there without doing s**t.

14. champagneben

champagneben Member

Miracle is now needed. The season was a success either way. I will always enjoy my Rockets through thick and thin, but this is a big fat bummer.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Tmac for Shaq!! WE don't need Tmac anyway because this team is capable of winning a Championship. We just need someone to back up Yao and Shaq will do.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What?

I have just read it and you can only imagine my reaction. Pretty much similar injury, once again. I am just shocked, just don't know what to say.

17. aznsexyboi

aznsexyboi Member

PLEASE! This is not the time to bash Yao. It isn't even his fault. This was a great season and he gave us everything he got. Sometimes, you just gotta believe that something good will happen next. God has his plans. WE will be even better next year! :D

18. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

Feel so bad for Yao!Rox should play Yao and Tmac the way Suns do Nash/Shaq or Spurs with Duncan... let them take days off

19. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Exactly what I wanted to say.

20. LeeDaiGer

LeeDaiGer Member

Some quotes from the Lakers forum from the first page. It's tough to say anything negative about these fans! I hate their team but love their fans (now).

Hope he is fine. He is all class.

Wow... we get news from Twitter now...Hope he's ok.

Get well Yao

Please let Yao be alright.

I also hope Yao is okay. You always want to beat a team at their best.

Yao is a warrior. When he had that little tweak in game 1 and refused to go back into the locker room, I kinda felt we may have been toast that night.