1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Truth WILL Hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ncagg42, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

you looked at my point of view from an extremist perspective. congrats. lol

rafer doenst suck correct. there is a reason why turnovers are killing us right now (two young point guards) where last year it wasn tthat bad (we just couldnt score versus the jazz outside of yao)

2. i admitted i was wrong.

3. i admitted i was wrong (although I think he troubles coachign a team with yao)

4. watch this series, we do need him. Where is our scorer in the 4th?

5. never said he sucks, i said he is overrated. and that i still believe, watch his dumb mistakes, be careful you might need to devote some time to this- he does it quite often.

6. I said yao is a good player in this league, but demands too much to play to his needs, and my question is, is itworh it? i think not

7. ... no comment that was just dumb

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's true that Yao clogged up inside and hard for someone like Artest to penetrate....that's why i suggest Adelman to move Yao out further whenever Artest is posting up. I believe that is also why it's hard for Tmac to penetrate. But i guess that's why he wants Yao to do pick n roll with Tmac so that Yao isn't inside clogging up the lane so that Tmac can attack.

Regarding offense running through Yao or not, you still want to go through him every single time because good things always happened when Yao gets the ball you should know this and bad things tend to happened when Yao don't GET THE BALL!! I mean why would you want to run a normal offense where someone named "JOE" gets to shoot the ball when you can go to your money man who will almost always guarantee a bucket. And the team did run their normal offense through these Playoffs game because they couldn't get Yao the ball and have had success and failure. But you still always want to look for your money man...just like Lakers look for Bryant all the time. Why the heck would Lakers want to run a different offense where Bryant don't get to initiate the offense?

3. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Who in the NBA has their center shoot their team technical free throws?

Who the NBA do you see a 7' 6" center shoot 87% at the free throw line?

Name me 1 center that has a shooting touch like Yao. Name one right now... Yeah, exactly.

Defensive liability? You kidding me? Opposing teams think twice about driving to the basket when Yao is at the paint. Have you noticed that when Yao sits at the bench the opposing team drives to the basket at a higher percentage?

This thread is EPIC FAIL... Yeah, truth hurts.

4. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

what your said made me surprise! I Even doubted if it is your real thinking.if it is what your thought in yr mind .I just doubt yr EQ. when somebody's thinking way is quite different with the most people .we can conclude the person has a thinking problem.with the YAOMING'S hurt news,I check the reaction of lakers'fans. Here is a links for your ref:
    http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=86692

5. LeeDaiGer

LeeDaiGer Member

Some quotes from the Lakers forum from the first page. It's tough to say anything negative about these fans! I hate their team but love their fans (now).

Hope he is fine. He is all class.

Wow... we get news from Twitter now...Hope he's ok.

Get well Yao

Please let Yao be alright.

I also hope Yao is okay. You always want to beat a team at their best.

Yao is a warrior. When he had that little tweak in game 1 and refused to go back into the locker room, I kinda felt we may have been toast that night.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Wow, can't believe i missed out on THIS gem until now..

This is like the 2009 version of Brooksball

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

#6 will prove to be true once we win today and the series.

8. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

Thank you for a real reply:

I agree with what you say how you want to run the offense through your best player. However there is a difference to passing off to kobe and pass it off to yao. When Kobe has the ball he expects teammates to make cuts and have a lot of motion. When Yao has the ball, it is stand around for an open 3 so he can kick out and either reset, or the ball swings. The problem is there is no motion by our other 4 players. Is it the other players fault or yaos? Well if they are moving, most likely if yao gets in trouble, he will throw the ball away because when he panics he turns it over more times then none. He makes a good pass every now and then, but i see more turnovers then solid passes from teh big guy. If we stand still, it makes it so easy on the defense because is it easier guarding a moving target or one standing still?

I just have never seen a team's offense be so motionless then the rockets with Yao in the game. I feel like that is a big time problem.

9. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

There are no 7 foot 6 centers in the nba, there are other centers that shoot well from the line. Dirk Nowitski is a big man who I would say can shoot right there with Yao. Tim Duncan at times has a great shot in the low post. You don't even have to go outside of our own team, Scola is a bigger guy and has a great shooting touch. Okur for the Jazz has an awesome shot too.

I am sure if I thought about it i could name more, but your "yeah, exactly" and thinking there isn't any other big men in the league that can't shoot, well you are completely wrong.

Yao was a defensive liability up until this year, he has improved tremendously (most notably the second half of the season). I was wrong about that, but what I am right about is we are suspect to fast break points a lot of times or what I like to call "quick possessions" because it takes a while for yao to get set. His half court defense is awesome now though (much improved).

And sorry, your attempt to state that yao is the only big man that can shoot in the league was an EPIC FAIL or whatever you wanna call it...

10. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

sorry, your english is hard to understand, but I never said he wasn't valuable to the team. What I am saying is to utilize his value comes at a high cost:

Injuries and the rest of the team adapting to his style of play

11. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

agree, I really think we will play much better game 4 than game 3. Remember the 22 game streak? And how well we played as a unit after Yao went down? Before we had no scorers outside of T mac... now? hello wafer, artest, brooks, scola, landry etc.