1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In PG,Houston,you have a problem.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phil2000, Apr 22, 2009.

1. phil2000

phil2000 Member

I posted several months ago,asking the management to build AB,but now I have to say now,start him from bench.

Brooks is not the true PG that Rox needs ,that should RUN the ball.
    The inefficiency of Brooks as PG is so evident in this loss in portland,and in the loss in dallas.

Brooks is not a qualified PG, perhaps he is a good SG,and RA should play him as a SG,NOT AS PG who will run the ball ,esp in clutch time,costing the game.

Secondly,why fronting is so effective to Rox,I have to wonder if the answer lies in the PG who just does not have the materials to break fronting.
    Third,the ROX win with defense,but the where is the defense in Brooks,every PG in other seems to enjoy matching Brooks.

And I dont know the why, the"I have no idea" coach, is addicted to play Brooks in clutch time ,just because it is RA selected him? or for any other personal affection?
    I have no idea.

1 person likes this.
  2. LardLad

LardLad Member

Rome (Brooks) wasn't built in a day.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This loss is because of:

Missed free throws, Carl Landry being MIA again and the Blazers successful execution defensively on Yao. Oh and Rick might need a little blame for pulling Wafer.

PG was the least of this team's problems tonight.

4. clutch11

clutch11 Member

artest+brooks for deron. :D

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You make some valid points and Brooks did make a few boneheaded plays down the stretch but he has little to nothing to do with Roy and Aldridge torching us.

Just for the record, Lowry played most, if not all, of the 4th quarter against Dallas.

6. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Brooks is NOT a natural point guard, thats why we have to modify him to make him a point guard and the best way for him to learn is in the play-offs! i am not mad at his mistakes now because it would benefit the Rockets in the future.
    If we made him into a shooting guard then he would not be serviceble when we face the Lakers or even the Blazers now because the Kobes and Roys will post him up just like what they did against Head, but Brooks have a much better ball-handling and passing skills than Head so im confident that Brooks can be our point guard of the future.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The only time I was really angry with Aaron was the couple of turnovers he had late in the game... but that's from inexperience, not really because he's "not a PG."

Tonight was one of the few nights that I actually agree with the guys saying "Give Yao the ball." He just destroyed them in Game 1, and then all of a sudden we can't give him the ball at all?

I know they were fronting him and doubling him, but there were numerous times when he had good position and we went away from him. You HAVE to give him the ball if you want to win the series.

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Lets face it guys, Brooks is not a point guard.

He is a shooting guard.

He tried to pass the whole game and failed miserably. Late in the game (ie last 2 minutes), he started shooting and went off.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Brooks played great in the 1st game.

Lowry played great in the 2nd game and kept us in the game for the most part.

Brooks screwed up in the 4th qt. with the turnovers but I thought the gameplan was all wrong but that is for a different topic.

10. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

It is about Basketball IQ, not about inexperience.

11. Hou.SportsFan

Hou.SportsFan Contributing Member

I honestly believe that if the Rockets Starting Point Guard was Chris Paul ppl on this board would be complaining about how bad our pg is. Yes there are several times when Yao should get the ball and the pg just looks the other way, but our so called "true pg" does the same thing.

(no this was not saying that Brooks is anywhere close to CP3)

12. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

This is soooooooo yesteryear.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you don't modify someone like Brooks, i wish some of you fans would get it through your head that BROOKS IS NOT A PURE POINT HES A SCORING POINT!!!!!!! do y'all think houston wasnt aware of this before drafting him!?!?! That's qwhy they drafted him, to have that option of a speedy scoring point to matchup with THE OTHER SPEEDY POINTS in the league or take advantage of slow points like the team with speedy points do! It's also why they acquired Lowry, who's more of a traditional point. Wow having two good pgs, but different, what a concept huh! We should just fire Landry and clone Scola, because having so much of the same is great! Gimme a break...

14. dero72

dero72 Member

I have to say that Ive read some of you alls posts.
    Ive listened.
    And I think you're all nuts.

AB made some mistakes. Everyone out there did. But the only think that sucker did wrong tonite was that he didnt ball-hog like he shouldve. That dude was the only offense that was consistent out there tonite, besides Von.
    Those 2 should be hogging like Ron and vica-versa.

AB is just fine. Everyone else in the league can see the threat that he will be...except you fellas on Clutchfans.

And tonites loss had nothing to do with AB. The only chance the ROX had to pull it out was because of AB's game. Work, yea, he needs some. He needs to learn how to PASS the ball to Yao when he calls for it. PERIOD. If Yao is fronted and still calling for the rock, PASS it.

But the guy did FINE tonite.
    ROX hit their free-throws, they win.
    Stop looking for a scapegoat.

15. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

East there... Brooks had 23 on 9 of 12 shooting and was 4 of 5 from three point land, he also had 5 dimes. Brooks is playing great but the rockets are never going to win when they only get 11 points from the so called superstar. Brooks was the reason this game was close. The reason they lost was because the three guys on the court with pants on and whistles in thier mouths, sucked so bad.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Anyone who uses the phrase "Houston you have a problem" in a thread title should be banned from this forum forever.

And I'm not joking.

1 person likes this.
  17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he had like one bad turnover, everyone is exaggerating, maybe if we figured out a way to get the ball to yao when he's fronted, maybe if scola didnt hesitate so much on his j, maybe if landry had some post moves, then maybe, just maybe Aaron wouldnt have to force things and turn the ball over, dont y'all think?

And lowry did not play "great" this game, he had some good plays to draw free throws, but overall he did just a solid job, he was trying too hard to be physical and ended up with 5 fouls in less than 20 mins.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It's also about playing too fast... which is exactly what happened when he made those turnovers.

Jason Kidd has a phenomenal Basketball IQ, but even he made mistakes late in games early on in his career. It comes with the experience of being in those situations come playoff time... and, obviously, Aaron doesn't have that yet.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

exactly, non rocket fans all talk about how great brooks is turning out, how big he's playing in the playoffs, etc. and yet some houston fans just b**** and b****, it gets old very quick. I swear if we had dirk they'd complain because he didn't block shots like a center and would demand they turn him into a traditional center.

20. hxy7086

hxy7086 Member

Bingo!