1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings rock!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pasox2, May 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah... all of a sudden Shaq isn't allowed to dislodge the defender in the paint, that's jacked...:rolleyes:

Oh, wait! I just read in the rulebook that dislodging in the post is illegal! He's been doing it for so long I was sure it was OK!:eek:

2. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I'm not talking about the mini-charges---I'm talking about the 'any contact with the defensive player is a foul'.

The guy is 7'1 and 300+ pounds. Does that prohibit him from making a spin move if theres a defender behind him?

Silliness.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Alvin Gentry on Shaq: "He gets fouled more than anybody. But he probably also commits more offensive fouls than anybody."

And, justifiably, he shoots the most free throws per game of anybody, becuase he "gets fouled more than anybody." Somehow I don't think he leads the league in charges, though (that is, charges that are called). Gonna argue with Alvin Gentry?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It was room service from the Hyatt.

5. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

where are the "Bibby is a better PG than Francis" threads?

i'm starting to believe it

6. napster

napster Member

This loss hurts, but I'm not worried too much.

7. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I can care less about the teams......I just want to see Phil Jackson lose.

Even with the Bulls.......I loved 23, but there was a side of me that wanted Phil to lose in some way.
    I just can't stand the guy..........he just comes off as someone that thinks he knows so much more about the Game than the rest of us........guess it's just a personal thing that only annoys me. :p

It's as if he'll say something just to hear himself talk.
    Oh well. :cool:

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

like when shaq knocked pollard 2 feet straight backwards and then hit him again and laid it in?? that kind of contact. there was no foul there. i actually think the refs have been amazingly good this series. i still think shaq gets to dislodge people too much but i do realize he is huge and when he does natural post moves (every post players bangs into the defender somewhat) it is exaggerated b/c of his size. however, they are not letting him get away with the ridiculous stuff and it is making him human. if you try to spin the way he does, you should get an O foul. he doesn't spin to the side to go around, he basically spins while going straight back and runs his defender over (also why he elbows so much) and that is an O foul if you're 200 or 300 pounds. just like i've thought sactown should've gotten some calls and didn't, there have even been times i've thought shaq and kobe should've gotten a call and didn't. it's almost like they are reffing a fair game or something. will wonders never cease.

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I was in the stands at the Choke City game, the last Rockets playoff game I saw in person:( Nice storybook ending though.:D

Cat you are right on. The Lakers are realling and the Kings havn't even had Peja for 1 game. The bottom line is the Lakers were blown out at home and could never get the game closer to 12 past early in the game. Sure the Kings got tight and the Lakers had some runs--they still never got closer than 12 even after going on a torrid streak of 3s. Again, it is the Lakers who are realling. Absolute must win this sunday for the Lakers. I am sticking with my prediction before the playoffs and in pretty close to what I was thinking post Bibby-JW trade, Kings in 7. The Lakers may not extend it to 7 though. The Kings have too many guns unless the Lakers get great, and sustainned, output from Shaq and Kobe. I am not couting them out yet, but I'd hedge by bets with the Kings because those 2 just don't look up to it this year to me. Sure is fun anyway.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The weakness of the lakers is being somewhat exposed
    THEIR ARROGANCE . . until the final bell they thought they could
    just TURN IT ON . .. and they did .AND THEY LOST!!!
    BIG TIME

Their role players dwindled?
    Shaw, Fox, Fisher. . . .

Christie focuses on Kobe completely. Help D coming from everywhere else . . . .. on Shaq. . .The Role players needed
    to stpe up . .but they did not

Rocket River

11. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

AS Bill Walton quoted last night, "<B><I>The kings have got to have everyone of there players playing at the peak of there level to even get passed the lakers.</B></i>" holds true in my mind.

Webber wasn't driving much last night and his shot was just right on. I mean the "almost perfect" jump shot he threw down almost 6-7 times was nice.
    But i've seen stretches with the Kings this past season where Webber would birck 5 to 6 of those jumpers in a row and he would be throwing them up there like Jason Williams Three, at many times.

Jackson's point production has been nice. Bibby has been playing nice as Well as Divac's D.

Let's hope for another 2 games just like this. Only 96 more minutes.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

As a basketball fan who doesn't have money riding on either team, I'm just real happy to see a competitive western conference finals (unlike last year).

13. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

That's what amazes me. When the Kings can get Stojakovic back, the Lakers will definitely have their hands full.

14. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Yep.

Provided the Kings inbound the ball.

15. Major

Major Member

Still way too early, but a Nets/Kings final would be fun as hell to watch.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah, FUNNY as hell for NBC, too. Screw that network.

And Phyllis Jackass sucks, by the way.

Webber's making me a believer...

17. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

That's fine then. It just means that he's not a superstar, he's an above average center, and his first ten (or however many) seasons in the league have been a fraud. They should have called it way back then and given his top 50 spot to Vlade or somebody.

Seriously. They let him get it when it was good for the league, and now they don't. Just be consistent is all I ask.