1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern Denial Of Lottery Conspiracy Theory.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JAG, May 19, 2002.

1. JAG

JAG Member

The following is an up to the minute exerpt from an interviwe recorded earlier this morning with David Stern....;)

Reporter: So, Mr. Stern...er, can I call you David?

Stern : Mr. Stern will be fine. (laughs) ok, yes..David is fine..

R: Right...Okay, Davey-Baby, what are your feelings..

DS: What? No...Don't call me Davey-Baby...Only Michael does that...Let's stick with David, or Mr. Stern..all right?

R: Sure, sorry about that...ok, what are your feelings about all these conspiracy theories floating around about the draft being rigged in favour of the Knicks? DO you have a response to that?

DS: Yes, and I'm really glad you've asked me that, because all these rumours are ridiculous. The assumption is, correct me if I'm wrong, that we ( the league) want Yao Ming in New york, right?

R: Something like that.

DS: Right, and there is absolutely..I mean, I have no vested interest in any one franchise doing better, even assuming that Mr. Ming were to be the first pick, I have no preference where he, or anyone, plays...What is good for one team is good for all teams, period. ( voice audibly raised in anger)These assinine rumours perpetrated by fans, and I must say, certain members of the media, have no basis in fact. The truth is, the fact that the Knicks have won the first pick is probably the worst thing that could have happened to us, in that it gives these idiots a reason to continue with this premise...

R: Uh, Mr. Stern, I don't...

DS: Don't interrupt, I really want to say this. When the Knicks won, I immediately knew this would happen...I just sort of shrugged and said, " Oh, well, here comes the media furor." But, really, I'm happy for Mr. Ming, and the New York Knicks organization, and these other factors are secondary considerations. I'm willing to take the heat for this, because, let's face it, the Knicks had as much of a chance as anyone, and when they won the rest of this was innevitable. I mean, at some point they were going to win it, right? And I'll just bet that if it happens again in the future, like say next year, these conspiracy buffs will just moan the same idiotic things...

R: Mr. Stern..do you..I mean, do you know what time it is?

DS: Time? Why, it's 11:45, am, on the East Coast...why?

R: And what time is the lottery?

DS: (uncomfortable silence)..Of course, you realize I was merely speaking in the hypothetical...You know, having fun with the idea...Of course the Knicks haven't won yet, I realize that. No one has won yet, obviously, and I was just...oh, hell...(voice raised) Danny! Tom! Come here, we've got a problem....

***At this point the transmission seems to have experinced technical difficultiies, and we have been unable to reach the reporter in question since. We apologize for this interruption, and will have the full, uninterrupted interview as soon as it is available.****

#1 JAG, May 19, 2002
    Last edited: May 22, 2002
  2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Well, that was all pretty much shot to hell. I love the NBA! Its faaaaaantastic! :D

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Hilarious, JAG. Fun read.