1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy NY Knicks Trade Proprosal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, May 20, 2002.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Latest NY Knicks Trade Proprosal

I think this is the best opportunity to get to the playoffs.

Houston trades:
    C Kelvin Cato (6.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 25.5 minutes)
    C Maurice Taylor (6.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 25.5 minutes)
    SF Glen Rice (8.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.3 minutes)
    #1 Pick (Yao Ming)

Houston receives:
    C Marcus Camby (11.1 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 34.7 minutes)
    SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)
    PF Othella Harrington (7.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.3 minutes)
    #7 Pick (Carron Butler)

TRADE ACCEPTED

This trade we get the lineup:
    Camby/Harrington/Collier
    Griffin/Thomas
    Sprewell/Morris
    Mobley/Torres
    Francis/Norris

Plus we get #7.
    With #7 we should get either (Dunlavey, Butler, Wilcox)

I don't know if we can win a Championship with this lineup but we definately will have a playoff team.

If you want to have a chance at a Championship you should probably keep the #1 and take Ming but if you want playoffs. I think that lineup should do it.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I like the deal but where did you read it?

3. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Made it up...

4. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

then your thread title is misleading...but i love the deal

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry WB,

But the Knicks don't have anything that I would think the Rockets are interested in.

Spree?? I doubt he could co-exist with Francis and Mobley and is overrated, IMO.

Camby?? He is the ONLY Knick worth talking about, but dude is hurt more than Olajuwon...pass.

Harrington?? Fan favorite and that is about it....pass.

If we trade with the Knicks, we will get f*cking raped.

6. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Rejected! We would still be small in the middle.

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

8. tariq

tariq Member

We give up Cato and Taylor and the #1 for a ball hog, an injury and a whiner?

Nothing doing! I like our team as it is now and just want to add one good player.

-Tariq

9. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

If I was the manager I would not trade with the Knicks. But I would trade up with the Timberwolfes for Kevin Garnett. We all heard during the playoffs that the Timberwolfes are possibly getting ready to start over and could trade Garnett. Why not get into that deal? We give them Yao Ming, Glen Rice, Terrence Morris, and Calvin Kato for Kevin Garnett. Plus remember we also have a #15 pick, so that's also I good chance we can still pick up that one guy from Europe(forgot name, sorry!). Or another high quality college player. What you guys think???

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

give the guy a break, he did say "fantacy" ;)

11. bsb8532

bsb8532 Member

The only way we trade with the Knicks is in a 3-way. We already have a better version of Houston (Mobley), Spree is aging and probably couldn't handle being with Steve and Mobley, and Camby should do adds for band-aids. If they Knicks want the #1 then they can deal their boys for someone we might actually want then we can talk.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I see nobody on New York that I would deal the pick for. Camby is somewhat soft, and injured frequently. Spree is too old to play a big role on this team.

I think the key for the Rockets, if they were to trade the pick, would be to get guys around the age of Steve and Cat. This way, all of the key players will be hitting their prime at the same time, with the exception of Griffin. I like taking Ming though, granted that everything is worked out with his homeland. This way, Steve and Cat will lead us while in their prime, and a few years later, they will still be leaders of the team while Ming and Eddie carry the load while in their prime. Steve and Cat carry us for a few years with Ming and Eddie supporting, then Ming and Eddie take over while Steve and Cat support.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

we can not afford to give up cato unless we get a center in return(ie. kandi). his contract sucks but he showed a little last year and we have absolutely no chance to win unless someone big is in the middle.