1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MING INSIDER INFORMATION

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tozai, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tozai

tozai Member

Yao Ming is our Savior
    He will revolutionize the league
    No one will be able to stop him on the offensive end
    On the defensive end he will be a beast
    He'll average a triple double with blocks and swat everything in sight
    He has amazing atheticism, skills, and size, blah blah blah

Let me think, how much have you seen this guy play basketball
    Oh wait, most of you haven't even seen him play a game
    You see him shoot jumpshots and have trouble with Chris Christoffersen on ESPN and you are now self-proclaimed experts. You see he's 7'6". You can't teach height, you can't pass up on that right? Let's waste our pick on an unproven player who might not even end up playing next year. Let's waste out pick on someone who according to you all has the potential to be God on the Court, but hasn't shown he can even stay in a game at the Olympics. All the trouble with the Chinese goverment, all the focus from the media, all the pressure. Is it worth it? What level of competition has he been playing at? Chinese pro league is not exactly high up there. NOOO we can't trade our pick for someone who's proven. Let's get a project who will NOT make an immediate impact. Do you really think we'll make the playoffs with Him?

I love your expert evaluations praising his post moves and athleticism. You all are blinded by the hype and mystery of this freak from China. He is no Shawn Bradley, correct. He does have more skills than him, correct. What do you expect him to do offensively. Use his invisible array of post-up moves on people significantly stronger than him. Stand on the three point line (like we need another froncourt player doing that) and knock them down more effortlessly than any guard. On the defense do you think just because of his height he will be swatting everything. He does not have that aggressive demeanor and no killer instinct. Eddie Griffin doesn't either you might say. Eddie was proven in college, not in some scrub China league.

Does Yao have the potential to become some great star?
    Maybe, who am I to say what he can develop into.
    But why take the risk, how many more losing seasons do you want to endure. Do you really think he'll make an impact next season, because I can tell you right now he will not. He'll be so busy with his national team that he probably wouldn't make it to the summer leagues.

I'm sick of all the hype and how all these ignorant people come onto the board and talk about how great he is. They've never seen him play. HE can't handle NBA players right now. He can definitely be in the NBA, but he's not a star instantly. Anyone with any basketball knowledge knows he has much development to do. So what if he can make jumpshots when shooting around with no one guarding him and no pressure. It will not be the same next year. Just like Tyson Chandler and Kwame dominated scrubs in high school Yao did the same in China. He will be in a very similar situation next year and many will be disappointed. Hopefully it will not be us.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I see no insider information, just a biased poster rant about a player he hasn't really seen play.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.