1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 89, Celtics 85

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chef

chef Member

That is great win. Also, Celtics looks being in a bigger trouble.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Its pretty obvious to me that this is just a minor midseason slump the Celts are dealing with.

Not a single person should be lured into any thoughts that they are still not the best team in the NBA, and will be playing in June.

I personally hate them though.

KG and his b****iness, Pierce and his whining and flopping, Allen with his smug, arrogant look. Rivers with his annoying. Heinsohn likewise.

And I havent even got onto my most hated Celtic (Rondo)

World champs yes, but also world CHUMPS.

3. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

这里有中国人在用汉语骂我,你爱谁谁,我不在乎,只是请你们不要丢了中国人的脸,谢谢。我的英语不好,容易引起误解也正常。
    我说YM的智商不会比麦差多少,我说YM是上海人,上海人一般脑子好使(我并不是上海人),你们看得不爽了,要骂人了,可我说这句的上下文是什么?

IBM问了个问题,YM为什么在背靠背的第2场有这么强势的表现,我给出了我的理由,而且我觉得如果我的理由成立,YM没做错,甚至火箭每个成员都应该照此办理。
    T-MAC不是要在背靠背的比赛中有所选择吗?火箭不是管不了他吗?结巴罚款的建议,阿泰要求队友尽力的呼吁都不好,因为这样的事,出面的应该是火箭管理层,球员这样的呼吁更容易破坏火箭的化学反应,球员应该怎么做?
    既然T-MAC可以选择比赛,还可以为了PLAYOFF在选择的比赛中悠着玩,他可以,火箭其他球员也可以,至少YM可以,因为YM的体力本身就不好,为了保护自己,YM也应该有所选择,怎么选?有麦在的比赛,如果麦是漫不经心的,YM在这样的比赛中就要有所保留,留足本就不好的体力应付麦不在的比赛。这对麦好,对YM自己好,对火箭也好。

就如何选择比赛的问题,YM应该向T-MAC虚心学习,我觉得YM并不傻,所以我认为他能学好这大学问。

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Translation - Yao Ming is god.

5. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

great win, i'm happy for the team. i'm not ready to give up on Tmac just yet. bla-bla.

actually there are 2 things that i don't get:
    1. Why is Yao continuing to shoot technicals when Brooks is on the floor? It's the second time this year when he misses a technical and Brooks might have hit it. Especially since it came to be a close game...

2. Why isn't Wafer playing more and why isn't he involved more into the offense when he's on the floor. He can do more than just shoot 3 pointers... (missed dunk aside)

6. bringonthe3s

bringonthe3s Member

This post is not hating on Yao, but rather a shout out to the coaching staff of Rockets.

I've seen that every team exploits Yao on the defense during Pick and rolls. The opposing team tells the ballhandler of the pick and roll to just attack Yao because of his lack of foot speed. From the games I've seen this has been the key in breaking down the Rockets defense. The help defense will come either too late to defend or too early that will lead to open shots which may seem that we don't try to go after open shooters but we do.

We're also vulnerable in Pick and Pop situations where the big man of the opposing team has very good long range shooting (Garnett, Okur). Yao doesn't run after the popping player because he protects the paint first, but this leads to an open shot for the big man. That's why we see Garnett hitting long range shot one after the other because of this.

I think we won't win in any round in the playoffs if these do not get addressed.

I think Yao really needs to work on his conditioning even further to increase even a little bit of his foot speed and also to have the stamina during the 4th quarter where defense is crucial.

I hope GM Daryl finds a good backup big who is mobile enough to be more effective than Yao in these situations and also has size (6'10" - 7'0") athletic enough to be a defensive presence in the paint.

7. fmp087

fmp087 Member

HAHA. Man is that priceless or what. Chuck Hayes just became my favorite rocket (for the time being atleast).

8. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hey I know that we have the nasayers but WE BEAT BOSTON. On the HOME floor. Without TRACY MCGRADY!!!!!!!!! :D :cool: :p ;) :)

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

There is no way the Celtics are in bigger trouble. We are right on the edge of missing the playoffs (15 losses is tied for 8th -9th in the West) while the Celtics are way in front of the 9th place and can't possible even get close.