1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chronicle DESTROYS McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I say screw him, trade him for peanuts to a poor team. The Rockets should have pride. Yeah, he could sit on his ass for the whole season then turn it on in the playoffs. In fact, we could very possibly do well in the playoffs with that strategy, but we should not allow this. We can't win a championship with him. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. SO he should not have the privilege of even getting out of the first round. He does not deserves it. The Rockets made good on their part of getting the right pieces, but he couldn't keep his end of the bargain. With him completely out of the picture, we're still a solid team. the identity and scope of the team would totally change, possibly for the better. A McGrady-less Rockets would be much more feisty and the whole attitude of the team would be more positive, his negative aura has taken the teams soul hostage slowly but surely, year after year. Lets end it now, were not gonna get much for him anyways, and I'll be damned if I have to sit through another year of this ****.

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Why? Adelman told him that he shouldn't practice unless he's willing or able to practice hard--a diplomatic way of saying he should get his ass in gear. We know he's had at least two closed door meetings with the Rockets organization. Now his teammates are publicly questioning his effort.

If those guys can't get through to him why would a bunch of fans? T-Mac's rapidly approaching the team cancer stage, if he's not there already. I'm starting to become genuinely curious as to whether he'll still be a Rocket in February.

3. RocketRocky

RocketRocky Member

I have took up for Tmac over and over and over. Telling everyone and myself that everything would be ok he would be alright, that he would not give up on the Houston Rockets... but it kills me to say im done with TMac. Im still in shock over the Raptor game, were he just gave up...again. I stuck it out for and was praying he change but i cant take up for him anymore. He had time to rest his knee but he came back early. Its just a dark day when you see a hero quit.

4. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

QFT man.. QFT :(

5. rocketjim

rocketjim Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't T-mac's contract a team option next year? Can't the rockets just choose not to resign him and save the salary cap room or trade him for another 2010 expiring contract?

6. allindaze

allindaze Member

From the Examiner

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's not a team option. Google nba salaries. First link.

8. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

AMEN!!!!!

9. bkg

bkg Member

sorry, tmac doesnt "desttroy" anyone. all the teams he SHOULD have a grudge against, he plays like a sissy, or hardly shows up. bench him, then when he acts up, waive him. its like he has free reign, should someone tell him to sit if he is hurt? oh WAIT, he isnt hurt, no one has said he cant play, they just trust him when he says its sore...

10. mc-fine

mc-fine Member

If T-Mac's body is really that broken down and finished the man needs to do us a favor and retire. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say its purely a physical limitation. I know $23 mill is hard to walk away from but watching the Rockets this year is heartbreaking.

Its one thing to know they don't have enough to go to the 2nd round but they work hard. Its aggravating to know they have the talent but don't have the desire.

11. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

hope t-mac reads this

12. kanariya

kanariya Member

I saw that (non)defensive play of T-Mac. It was a really disappointment.

How can someone not feeling guilty for getting paid 20+ millions and not doing what he's supposed to do?

13. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

good I say anyone who posts before me is CORRECT! About the opinions towards mcgrady. Not only is he a reluctent shooter. Will somebody get mcgradys contact out and swap it. With another guys like the mcgradyless spurs or something! :mad: :eek:

14. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

or anyone who posts after me!

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

McGrady has nothing left in the tank.

Dump him while he still has some value on the market.

2010 sign a slasher and hope for the best.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Sounds nice, but he would sabotage any trade he doesn't like. It's a pretty effective threat - deal for me, and I'll keep giving you what I'm giving Houston. We'd need to move him someplace that he'd have mutual interest in. I have a feeling Chicago, Miami, and New York are our best options if we decide to move him this year.

Evan

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We weren't lost when Aaron's confidence was high and starting at PG. We made the poor decision to go back to Rafer and surprise surprise our offense has struggled sense. It's time to limit Tmac and Rafer and let them play their way back onto the court.

18. worzel gummidge

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4139117&postcount=1153

Star might be aligning with injuries elsewhere and the purse strings tightening.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-38-10/Stern--The-Forecast-is-Not-Too-Cloudy.html