1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(December Schedule) Grey Skies are Going to Clear up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by across110thstreet, Nov 30, 2008.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Put on a happy face :)

the only obstacles standing in the Rockets' way of 10-12 wins in December is the 5 sets of back-to-back games they face this month. all of them are winnable in my opinion, save for the Cavs game after we play the Nets.

the only other tough stretch is the 4 game road trip with the Nets, Hornets and the Cavs, to return home to the Jazz on the 27th. they will be on the road for the entire week of Christmas- team chemistry.

3 vs LAC

5 vs GS

8 at Mem

9 vs Atl

12 at GS

13 at LAC

16 vs Den

19 vs Sac

20 at Min

22 at NJ

23 at Cle

26 at NO

27 vs Uta

29 vs Was

31 vs Mil

2. Pocket Rockets

i hate threads like these...the minute somebody posts an upcoming schedule and/or predicts the next 10 games or so, we immediately lose the next game and jinx the hell out of it...

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Luther Head is starting all those games then umm... No.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I haven't even looked at our schedule this year, because frankly there isn't a team out there we should be scared of. We could have beat Boston and LA (remember we had that big lead early? it seems so far away now). If the Rockets win, it's because they played well. If they lose, it's because they didn't. Simple as that. We are masters of our own destinies and it feels good because we haven't had this much talent since the Hakeem days. Now if we can just put it together in time, we can go on a nice roll no matter who our opponents are.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Only 4 games against really good teams. So, we should go at least 11-4 if we stay healthy. That would give us a 22-11 or 23-10 record after two months. Not bad.

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Nice to have confidence, but the fact of the matter is LA had like a week's break and was incredibly rusty and careless with the ball during our big lead. They stomped us after that, and stomped us hard. However, we were indeed shorthanded, with a gimpy Tracy Mcgrady that did almost nothing in that game and guys like Shane Battier still out.

Boston is a different story and I do think that we have a much more realistic chance of beating them even without a full roster. However, as mentioned, we have the talent but we don't have the health and chemistry right now. All we can do is hope we get it before playoff time.

7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

this is an excellent thread because of all of the NEGATIVITY

way to stay positive.. we have artest and yao.. 2 of the big 3 we should win all these games

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Had we not botched the Pacer game, we would be going for what our sixth straight?

9. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

The team is too inconsistent rigth now, to be sure they won't botch some of the easier games. Now if this schedule had been in april, that would have had a whole other meaning and a thread like this would have made more sense.

For now, it's just wait and see. (There's even a saying: don't count the eggs before they are in your basket. :) )

10. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Keep in mind, this is the best crappy start ever. It feels like we're playing abysmal basketball and losing games left and right. After a vicious and ugly November, we are 11-6, on course for 53 wins. If T-Mac gets back on track at least a little bit, and people start hitting their shots elsewhere, we're poised to have a great run. Oh, and we haven't had Battier until now.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Correct

and 11-6 could easily be 14-3, or even 15-2.

Celtics could have easily won - Blazers SHOULD have been ours - Lakers game we had the 16 pt lead - and Pacer game ....ugh.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Bump, because the forum needs this now more then ever.

13. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

Let's try the prediction thing again: 11-4? I'll take it.

3 vs LAC W

5 vs GS W

8 at Mem W

9 vs Atl W

12 at GS W

13 at LAC W

16 vs Den L

19 vs Sac W

20 at Min W

22 at NJ L

23 at Cle L

26 at NO W

27 vs Uta L

29 vs Was W

31 vs Mil W

14. mms

mms Member

I really believe it's gonna be a 15-0 month.

15. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

One game at a time, but I'm glad the schedule lightens up because we are gassed right now.

16. TracyMcGreat

TracyMcGreat Member

u believe in jinx? silly rabbit championship are for Houston.

17. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

yO yAO! Can I write a check? LOLOL

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, the Rockets play quite well in back to backs. I'd say the only obstacle is them playing down to their opponents.

19. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

do not loss in December. I believe

20. STC

STC New Member

hey, do u think, this Rocket will win six straight victories??

:D :D :D