1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 103, Spurs 84

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Great bounce

2. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Man you crack me up, a few days ago you had Chuck Hayes going to Miami. Its funny how many people keep thinking you are telling the truth on this board. We got a bunch of Luthers on this board. LOL.

3. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

looks like someone is practicing for a ballet recital......that was the most obvious flop ever!!

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

What really surprised me about this game was not Luther Head's performance (although that was unexpected hope he keeps it up lol), but rather Shane Battier's 15 pts and how he got them. I've never seen him this aggresive, asking for plays and taking it to the rack. Wow! Even better, he showed off his post moves, something we hadn't seen in a while. Battier really looked liked an All-star before he ran out of gas, I remember when the Spurs double teamed him he just shot a picture perfect jump hook over them lol. Hopefully Yao Ming and Ron Artest took some notes because that is how you play in the paint :D Still, it really makes me wonder how good Battier could've been if he had been more aggressive and had more of a scorer's mentality throughout his career. All-star defense, Genius bball IQ, 3 pt assassin and Killer post-moves. He could've been a perennial allstar if he had asked for the ball more :cool:

I really hope to see more Battier and Artest post action from now on. This works because Yao Ming is finally getting the hang of being a Divac in the high post, he made a lot of nice passes including an assist to a cutting Head and Brooks on multiple occasions.

Oh yeah, there were a lot of highlight moves in this game, but they won't be showcased in sports center because Brooks and Head are not stars. If it was Wade who made that step-back And1 or Carter who made that bank shot and1 I'm sure Espn would be all over it :mad:

5. diablox

diablox Member

Oh, dear, I spent the night when I should work on my essay......
    But, it worth it!!! :D
    the team just....sublimated last night~~

6. 1+11=12?no!ring

Shut your mouth up baby!

7. thunder03

thunder03 Member

agree we need to rest sheMac until he is ready, and give opportunity for other players to play more and gain more confidence. Head and vofer is better than injured sheMac and Barry, but still, I would trade Head, until he can play like today more consistently and prove me wrong

8. 1+11=12?no!ring

i am sorry Mr.pink,what does "Yao's real value is the fact he is chinese" mean?
    everybody here who have just a little IQ know Yao's importance to this team.
    what your said just let me think you are foolish

9. Greenty

Greenty Member

Why u guys want to trade Yao?
    Have a look at where the ball started to move in the offense of 3rd, when the score is tight
    Have a look at his show against TD. in the defense
    A team member means to do what the team need u most,thats the basketball

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There is no link, the guy hates McGrady. It's an attempt to spark flames on the board. Although I've never seen anyone make up fake rumors just to spark some "Yao She-Mac is traded!!! or Hoorary Brick Barry is gone". Not suprised though, my young 12 year old cousins tell fake things about their siblings to their parents in order to get the parents to scout at the siblings.

11. conquistador#11

that picture of mr. longoria is hilarious! Mr. Pink is beginning to get on my nerves. Since the internet is serious stuff, I'm going to go and take a walk so i can cool off.

12. azjw

azjw Member

Oh, Man, What a game. This is the most roller-coaster team I've ever followed. Did all Adleman teams look like that in their first 2 seasons?

To me, it just shows that the team is formING. But clearly, there are still some uncertainty in the minds of Tmac and Yao, the 2 pillars of the JVG systems.
    How the Rockets team solve that problem might be the key to their success this season.

13. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I was sitting in the lower bowl last night and you are wrong. The Spurs fans sitting around me in cursed black & white Duncan jerseys were making lots of noise and cheering everytime their boys did something good.

On the other hand, with a bad leg injury still recovering from Ike, I was one of the few aside from the Red Rowdies getting up & down, booing the stinky refs in the 2Q, cheering the great Rockets plays, and generally insulting the Spurs for the benefit of the SA fans around me. I finally tired of the woman several rows behind me - high squeaky voice - "Go Duncan, great play!" etc etc. I stood up turned around and looked right at them and said (yelled?) Bowen and Manu are cheaters! They all smiled but said nothing. So I guess they cannot refute that fact.

After one great Manu flop the Red Rowdies came out with a flopper chant for about 30 seconds. Love those RR's!

Duncan and others did some great moving screens with absolutely no calls. I think it was Brooks coming across the top and curling toward the basket with the ball. Parker grabbed his upper arm from behind to slow him down, right in front of a ref - no call. Parker put a forearm into Brooks or Rafer's side when he was dribbling - and I just thought to myself - if that was the other way around there would be an immediate foul called.

We were the home team and the Spurs had fewer fouls called and shot more FT's. A typical Houston game, unfortunately. And especially with the Spurs being the 2nd dirtiest team in the NBA.

I have mentioned before that Head has played with a lack of confidence, esp when handling the ball and passing. Something was different last night. He handled the ball well against a team with strong defense that can disrupt a ball handler like Luther. He passed strong and fast, crisply, with what I can only call confidence.

My own take? Possibly some personal development from being in the league. But I feel like RA has done a great job of developing player fundamentals AND confidence, Something the previous coach seemed to destroy esp. in younger players. I hope JVG has a long career on TV or else gets to come in and ruin one of our rival teams. (waiting for the pro JVG comments now).

My comparison would be Brooks never went into a tailspin with a lack of confidence like Luther did when he came into the league. The afraid to make a mistake syndrome the JVG teams had esp with younger players. Small sample but just the way I evaluate the evidence.

Wondering why now the team moves so well without Tmac and then anticipating things to bog down when he returns. We might be able to win the championship with our fleet of guards and no Tmac! Stevie could fit into that rotation if he can still move after the surgery.

We moved well with Rafer, Brooks and Head on the floor, with Hayes and Ron being our tall dudes. If the refs had not hosed us in 2Q we would have won by 30+ last night.

14. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

great game overall. i hope the Indiana game was the last time when Hayes didn't play this season.

by the way: i wonder how the game would have been gone if Barry had started in place of Head...

15. HCoog

HCoog Member

This was a great game to watch. Head must have been reading comments on this board and went out to play his game. Also when this team is at full strength who in the league has a deeper bench?

16. anesticle

anesticle Member

"Another turnover...Must flop in classic Lorne Greene pose from Battlestar Galactica. Best...Flop...Ever!"

17. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

That was a relatively clean swipe as far as NBA swipes go and he got the call because of that acting job...maybe he should join his wife in her line of work. :mad:

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Went to the game, and it was great! I havent felt that much energy at any home game all year (been to about 4). As a player, I like Parker, but the player I hate the most in the league is Manu, 2nd hated player is Bowen. Those two, plus Duncan make me hate the Spurs with a passion. So glad we beat up on them.

19. acerockets

acerockets Member

the spurs just got head ;)