1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronicle] Why Barry Chose Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QdoubleA, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I want to see him dunk from just inside the 3 point line!!!

jk

I think he is going to be a good fit. Almost like Shane except offensively and not defensively. Nothing spectacular but a guy who is solid, consistent and doesn't make too many mistakes. We still need an athletic scorer but there is time for that. I am pumped to see how he excels in the Adelman offense and thinking about two big SG with PG skills (other being Tmac) will be a huge luxury.

2. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

that was my observation too though I didnt watch too much spurs games other than they playing vs rox, he seemed never had the freedom on the court, always on a short leash.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Didn't Barry mess it up for the Spurs on that one playoff game vs the Lakers? I think he had the last shot from beyond the arc to win the game, but he faked and failed to make contact with Fisher who practically threw himself on Barry. No foul was called and the Spurs lost.

He best not do that here with us. Maybe Tmac will teach him how to fake and get the contact.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He did get contact... it wasn't called. In fact the NBA said it wasn't the right call.

You can't blame him for that. You can only blame the refs.

5. walterw

walterw Member

The thread title is misleading, so is the article.

If you have only one team that really showed interest in you, it is not your choice. You should feel luck that somebody is willing to give you a contract
    with an aging body and declining athletic abilities.

"Why does Houston choose Barry" should fare better.

6. csux

csux Rookie

hmmm, I wonder why Barry choose Houston Rockets?

hmmm
    hmmm
    hmmm

ooohhh, i got it! For a million bucks!
    Keep it real homies, and dont' be no talking about ships when we ain't got our feet wet (yet).

7. sweatseek

sweatseek Member

nice analysis~ I like it too

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

:rolleyes: You can't be serious...If it wasn't for Barry popping off for 23 points his team wouldn't even be in position to win that game late.......infact they would've gotten blown out and embarrassed.

Barry's +/- is that game was +24.........compared to the next highest, Tim Duncan...just +6

A player that has the ability to come off the bench and throw up 20 points when the rest of the team is struggling........I hope he can do that here with us, we never have anybody come off the bench like that for us in the playoffs.