1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis sighting at New Orleans game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShutURBiG!, May 13, 2008.

1. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Anybody else see this?

He looked pretty happy to me, but what the heck is he doing in New Orleans?

2. tested911

tested911 Member

You didn't hear? We are trading him for Chris Paul

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Gambling? check

Easy women? check

NBA playoff basketball? check

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

what wouldnt he be doing. if i had millions of dollars and didnt have to work tomorrow, i'd be in new orleans too.......especially to check out the game. then i'd be in vegas tomorrow.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He is rehabbing his quadriceps on Bourbon Street no doubt. Dodging bums, disease infested hookers and puddles of urine is just what the doctor ordered for him to regain his explosiveness.

7. rocketsfaninsa

haha, i'd find a hell of a lot nicer vacation than new orleans with steve francis money!!! if i were francis you'd never see me again!! which right about now i wouldn't mind clearing a guard spot out

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

If I was a basketball player I would be interested in checking out a playoff series against what will be your next year's top 2 division rivals.

I mean, what do you expect him to do? Lock himself up in a dungeon a rehab for 16 hours a day?

Heck, at least it's not the Super Bowl right? ;)

Let's just wait and see how he shows up next year. That will tell us all we need to know about Stevie and his desire to come back. I'm glad he is still interested enough in the game as to be in the playoffs, watching. Some guys are out in a caribbean island somewhere, not caring a bit about basketball.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

exactly. honestly, i'd be disappointed in him if he wasnt watching the game....at least on tv

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

It's close to a Superbowl. Anyways, where was he at the Rockets game? He had to be in the stands somewhere or in a box seat right?

11. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

god, I can't imagine what life would be like if you had tens of millions of dollars, were in your early 30s, had fame, doesn't matter if you work another day.....god it must be a good life....

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It'd be worse if he was in New Orleans and NOT at the game.

At least him being there shows that he's still interested in basketball. And Steve is a real competitor, he thrives when the going gets tough - he might be sitting there watching and desiring to play finals basketball.

If it gives him any (ANY) motivation to get himself ready for next season then it's going to be great for Houston. A fit and mentally ready Steve Francis gives this team that 3rd scoring option that we so badly need!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it easy to imagine dude.

1. you don't have issues getting decent seats for the playoffs.

14. ShutURBiG!

Whatever reason it is, I absolutely can not wait to see him back into the lineup healthy and ready to go. Our goal is to see Orlando T-Mac and Pre-Orlando Francis. :D

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Scouting Chris Paul and Tony Parker perhaps?

Perhaps SF3 is going to give CP3 some good lessons next season?

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

I can't see how Francis can get healed up and in game shape by the start of training camp. That's asking a lot.

17. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Think positively...

Let's just hope he can play as if he was playing in the limited minutes this season but without the pain in his knees.

I am not sure about the time needed for his rehabilitation. It would be over 9 months of rest by the beginning of training camp I believe?

18. ShutURBiG!

Which is why he had it so early in the first place...

19. ALLEN7628

ALLEN7628 Member

Didn't Steve workout last summer with Mackie Shilstone in New Orleans? Maybe he is there rehabbing his knee.

20. WillG

WillG Member

He goes to hornets games but cant go to rockets? I think saw him on the bench only like 2 times