1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mduke's CBS Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by mduke, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Matador

Matador Member

OK, no one answered this question for me earlier so I'll ask again.

mduke: How is the league champion determined? Is it the team with the best record at the end of the season? Is there a playoff? If yes, how does the playoff work?

If anyone form Bob Finn's league can answer this it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Heath

Heath Member

I think we did answer this question. The winner of the east division (me) will face some scrub team from the west division after the 24 week regular season is over.

So divisional winners up against eachother for the championship.

So how much does it suck that a western team that currently have a below .500 record and have 3 eastern teams with better records might win the championship and promote to the big league? Well hopefully the western teams can become more worthy until then should that happen.

3. Heath

Heath Member

btw... I'm still no stranger to getting a trade done in this league

4. Matador

Matador Member

I guess you did answer this question earlier. :eek:

But this just doesn't make sense to have the entire league champion decided by one week of play. The last week of the real NBA season is a joke! The good teams are resting their star players for the playoffs. The fantasy teams with players that are not on playoff contending teams will have a huge advantage.

I suggest not having a playoff and only the team with the best record be crowned champion.

Does anyone else see that the last week of the real NBA is worthless unless teams are still positioning for the playoffs?

5. mduke

mduke Member

yeah I see your point, but we have to keep the 2 leagues the same...

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The championship game will be played during Period 24. mduke will have to go in and set up the matchup between the 2 division winners. As for the rest of the teams in the league, he can pair them up however you guys want for that final week of the season.

7. Matador

Matador Member

Bob Finn* and other Bob Finn* leaguers: Do you all not think it is lame to have the whole season championship come down to one week of play at the end of the NBA season when the players are resting for the playoffs?

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Those are the rules that were set up before we started the season. Players don't sit out an entire weeks games, unless they only have 2 games or less that week, in which case you wouldn't have him in your lineup anyway.

If you think this is a problem, wait till next season when we return to sandbox (hopefully). There are game limits on each position. Once those limits are reached you no longer get points for that position. This year on CBS they had no limits, so you could put guys in your lineup that were playing the most games that week. That will not be the case next year. Much more strategy is involved.