1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Wiz!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DCkid, Feb 7, 2002.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What a game! Just got back from watching the Wizards handle the Kings with relative ease. I think the win proves the Wizards are a legitimate threat in the playoffs. RIP Hamilton is such a good offensive player, and Jordan is now playing at the top of his game! Add on top of that a bunch of role players who shoot high percentages from the outside (Whitney, Davis, Lue, Nesby), and a bunch of hardworking big men who play solid defense (Jahidi, Popeye, Haywood), and then there's Christian Laettner :)confused: I got nuthin') and I believe the Wizards have a chance at making it to the finals!

I'm beginning to think the cry of Jordan for MVP might not be all far-fetched. I'll say this, if the Wizards can finish #two in the East, Jordan deserves it.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

If it's the lakers vs. wizards (as stern wants it) then i won't know who to root for/against.

3. ScreamingRocketJet

I have never been a big Jordan fan. I rooted for every single team who played the Bulls...even Utah!...in the hope someone would beat them. I always thought he got too easy a ride...but never doubted his greatness. I just hated the way the media + the NBA bent over for him all the time.

Now, however, I am just in AWE.

When he came back to THAT Wizards team, I thought he was insane. That team was the worst in the NBA last season and added nothing significant.

To be 5 games over 500...to be a realistic play off chance...to be even CONSIDERED a chance to make a run at the finals is just freaking amazing.

To have 3 years off and come back and do this...it's just incredible.

I have never praised the bloke, but this time I can't find a thing to criticise. If they make the finals, it will be THE greatest sporting achievement of all time IMO.

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Don't EVER title a thread HOT WIZ again! :eek: