1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kwame Brown---Is Collins calling him lazy?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Jan 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls_story.asp?intID=3726136

2. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

… or simply lost. Hey, did you ever get my email?

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

You tell lost people to get a clue, not play with energy.

I just read it. Shoot me another and tell me what you're thinking and I'll respond.

4. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

I think Collins was trying to get Kwame to stop over-thinking the game and start playing with a little more passion. Kwame has been very passive on the court, not lazy -- a key difference. He does look lost out there at times. I think Doug is saying, "Rely on your physical gifts a little and trust your instincts instead of waiting for the game to come to you."

Doug Collins is a smart coach and I doubt he would try to play head games or potentially alienate a 19-year-old rookie.