1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tonight basically proves why Steve should shoot 15+ times a game are offense stinks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheReasonSF3, Nov 30, 2001.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Some of you guys were talking about how Steve needs to become a true point guard or move to the 2. But when you have a team like this with you basically have only like 2 players that are scoring a lot (Mobley and KT), you have to shoot the rock a lot. I think the Rockets are better off with Steve shooting a lot. I think he should shoot a lot more. The Rockets offense looked horrible tonight against a horrible defensive team. Steve, Cuttino, and KT are our only players that are putting the ball in the hoop right now. I know Wink's injured, but when he is back at full strength he should shoot the rock more than any other Rockets. I wish he'd take 20 shots per game, but I know that's not gonna happen because he is too unselfish.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I wish Steve could just become like Allen Iverson. I know that if he took 30 shots per game he would hit a much better percentage. I'd like to see Steve shoot 30 shots per game and Mobley shoot 20 shots per game.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Francis must become a SG.

If he is not willing to be the man, then TRADE HIM. Yes, TRADE HIM.

It pisses me off to no end why our best player does not want to grab the bull by the horns.

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

We shouldn't trade him. He is the best PG in the NBA.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

excuse me for saying, but he could be more effective in leading this team...not saying he isn't good/very good, but to be great he has gotta make more splash...whether it's pts. stl.s...whatever...he needs to jack it up ....IF other players are derelict in doing so.

6. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

I agree steve needs to take control of this team. he should take around 15 or 20 shots a game. I LOVE THE ROCKETS but who else is going to score? mobley will and maybe kenny but steve is our man. also if he scores more he also will get more asists. teams will start to double him and he'll dish it off more. and i think we need 2 trade glen rice and cato. not because they arent playing good but because it will be god 4 them. maybe if they go 2 a bad team they'll step up. all we need bak are som draft pics and a role player.

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

If Steve doesn't take over the team, how is he any different than Quitten?

Steve can be a franchise player, he just needs to realize that, or grow enough sack to take on the responsibility.