1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crispee, I got a question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Do you know why Eddie Griffin seems to only take shots from 20 feet + and not get the ball inside? Is this how rudys offense is set for him? Or is he scared to go inside and get the ball?

The thing I like about him is he isnt shy to shoot, so that shows that he actually wants to play. In the beginning his shot was very ugly, he had no leg on his shot and he wasnt shooting it right. Now he has improved, he looks alot more comfortable with his shot. BTW watch how moochie norris takes his 3 pointers when he is wide open, its the ugliest thing to watch.

And a question on Glen Rice, Why dont they add him to the offense? He barley shoots the ball. I know he is slow and the word is that hes still in pre season:rolleyes:.
    ( Thats what THE CAT says) :)

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If Griffin has a reason for it, I'd ask oeilpere. All I can say is I've seen him in shoot arounds, and all he does is shoot 26 footers...no joke. Also, I do recall him saying he really wants to be a small forward. I presume because all the league darlings are either SG or SFs.

The only systemic reason worth speculating about is to first remind you that when is the last time you've see Kenny in the low post. Doesn't mean Kenny doesn't make strong moves to the hole. Same with Maurice. I think a better question is: Why doesn't Griffin take it to the hole?

The 4 out 1 formation allows one big man to move around in the low post. However, there is a very classic entry where the PF (or center) will run a pick n roll with one of the guards--think Marcus Fizer and Tinsley. They had 3 guards. Their bread n butter was to ISO Tinsley and bring him a pick. The main option was to swing around to Fizer who slid over to the other side and getting a pick from another guard who cleared out baseline...then Fizer was 15 feet away to work his man. Note we do the identical thing with Maurice. Just because 4 guys are primarily on the perimeter does not mean you can't have low post and backdoor, et al. We just need to get better.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Griffin needs to move up one step. Why does he shoot so far behind the three point line? I guess he is worried about stepping on the line.

Should we compare him to Rashard Lewis or Rasheed Wallace?

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

.... or Ralph Sampson?