1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man arrested at O'Hare with 9 knives....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HOOP-T, Nov 5, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

He forgot to tell the police about the knive throwing act he does on the side. WOOPS! Minor detail left out.

:D

2. Timing

Timing Member

An arab national boarding a plane with 9 knives, mase, and a stun gun in his luggage who also has the identical home address of a material witness already being held and you go off on a tirade about brown people and their rights?

3. treeman

treeman Member

Timing -

He's not an Arab, he's Nepalese. But it sure as hell is suspicious when anyone claiming the same address as a man detained on suspicion that he's a terrorist tries to board a plane with a hand-to-hand arsenal...

4. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I don't care if someone is Brown, White or Blue

What is important is that civil liberties are not taken from anyone that has them based on their ethnic origin.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS IDIOT WITH THE KNIVES MACE AND NO BRAIN...

I stated this earlier. I feel that taking civil liberties away from individuals based on race/religion will lead to liberties being taken away from every American. And I refuse to accept that.

Call it politically correct or not......but the founding fathers were willing to die for their freedoms and I am too. If we begin to give up our American given freedoms and succumb to fear...then I feel we are doing a disservice to our future generations as well as our forefathers.

5. treeman

treeman Member

How about national origin? THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT AMERICANS! They do NOT have any constitutional rights.

You may be willing to die for a Syrian's right to fly a plane into a building, but I sure as hell am not.

6. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

7. boy

boy Member

once again algerian government in place today is french backed/supported/put in place.

STOP FREAKING MESSING WITH OTHER ELECTIONS and maybe those people won't get so pissed off.

how would you like it if mexico came in and put larouche in power...well you might like it tree but most of us wouldn't...

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

yeah cuz these places have free and honest elections otherwise?

9. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

That is the first thing I thought as well. That these guys were putting all of the eggs in one basket with this guy.
    This guy should be detained b/c of his connection to the other 2 guys mentioned in the article.

And as for the race thing if this guy was a white guy of any religion i would still say he should be detained just for the weapons he had. When you add in who is roommate possibly was then there should be no question about it.

10. boy

boy Member

do you have any proof that algerian elections were fake?

how many of 'these places' are given an opportunity to have fare elections?

exhibit a) iran in the early 50s
    exhibit b) algeria in the early 90s

11. outlaw

outlaw Member

so it's our fault that more places in the mid-east aren't democracies?

12. Timing

Timing Member

My mistake, I should have said foreign national.

13. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Has anyone thought for a moment that, with the new legislation that has been passed, that these men are not under close scrutiny and surveillance, that they were released perhaps to catch the bigger fish - the higher-ups. Just a thought.

14. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I think you raise a very goog question here about how many of these guys we have under surveillance. I think if you look at how many people were arrested or detained with in the first couple of days after the attack it shows you just how many people were already under surveillance. I'm willing to bet though that post sept 11 the CIA and FBI are going to be doing a lot less surveillance of people with known terrorist links and just start arresting these guys and charging them for anything they can.

15. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

But, what I am saying is that charging these guys with small stuff may be counter productive. They need them to be in circulation so that they can root out their network. This legislation they have now makes interrogations unnecessary when they can tap phones and email with no restraint.

16. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Once identified and apprehended, their behavior and/or participation will never be the same.

Upon being convinced of their alliance with Al Queda, we should have tortured them for information.