1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rashard Lewis.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FastBreak2K, Jan 10, 2000.

1. FastBreak2K

FastBreak2K Member

I still dont know why the Rockets didn't draft Rashard Lewis, instead they drafted that stupid Turkan guy. They should get him I think, local Houston player might fit here...look at the numbers he put up last night to help Sonics beat Warriors!!!

35mins 19pts 9rebs 1assist 3blcks 2steals

pretty good for a 20-year old huh??? I say we get him forget Tracy McGrady!!!

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I would've liked a project like Lewis on our team, especially over who we did draft. Hey we have had Hakeem and Clyde. Keep 'em in Houston should be our motto.

I'd still rather have McGrady right now though.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Rashard Lewis is amazing. He is an amazing player. I seen alot of his games when he was in high school, I am good freinds with his older brother. Rashard was really sad that he didnt get picked from the rockets. But he said that he will prove the rockets wrong and show them what they missed.

I hope we can get him, if we offer him as much as the sonics will offer him, Then rashard will come here.

4. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

mcgrady over lewis anyday of the week man.rashard will be another jermaine o'neal , and i personally think tracy will be great. i would love him; here he would be a perfect fit. he is athletic and a great scorer from the inside and outside, if we were to pick lewis over mcgrady that would be one of the worst moves this franchise has ever made.

5. IA Rocket

IA Rocket Contributing Member

Everyone talks about all the obscure talent that Rudy picks up in the offseason, but don't forget about the boneheaded Turkan over Lewis pick.

Everyone is talking about who the Rockets will pick in the Lottery. I'll say this, if the Rockets end up in the lottery, they will probably go against the pick everyone says they should take. They will pick someone not even projected to be drafted.

I can just see it. The commentators will be talking about all the talent that is still available with the 5th pick, and how the Rockets can't screw it up. Then its announced. The Rockets pick is.... Slow Joe a 6 fooot 3 inch 330 lb shooting guard out of Lebonon. The commentators scramble and do not have the guy listed on their first or second round projected pick list. The only stats the commentators can find on Slow Joe is that he runs the 40 yard dash in 7.4 seconds, and that he likes food.

The next day the Houston Chronicle will have a quote from Slow Joe saying that they found him in his favorite eatery. The quote will be "Me glad to go to Houston...Me hear food real good".

6. TraJ

TraJ Member

When will Rashard be a free agent? What would it take for the Sonics to give him up in a trade? What would it be worth the Rockets to giving up to get him?

Has anybody yet been able to answer this question: Why did the Rockets draft Turkan? The best thing I can say about drafting him is that at least we got a draft pick for him. Or did we give that away?

Has anybody figured out which picks we still have and which ones we traded away?

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Had we taken Rashard Lewis, we would have traded him to the Knicks anyway so that we could do the Scottie Pippen trade. So what does it matter?

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

IA rocket: I really agree with you man, seriously watch rudy bust out with a no name player. Or a player that is projected to be picked late in the first round.

9. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Juan,

We traded our rights to Turckan because he wasn't going to play in the NBA that season. Lewis was, so who's to say that we would'nt have traded someone else?

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

what position does rashard play? i mean how consistent is he...he would be an interesting project to play...hey isn't grant hill also a free agent..why don't we bring along the boat with hakeem retiring we have the money