1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No "D" in big "C"!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hottoddie, Oct 20, 2001.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Krause ran off MJ, Pippen, and Phil.

It all started by refusing to pay Pippen what he deserved at the time. Obviously if Pippen wasn't going to be there after the 98 season, MJ and Phil weren't going to be there either. Rodman too I guess.

The only reason Krause did this was to show that "franchises win championships" rather than players like MJ and Pippen.

Krause has done it before, and he can do it again.

Also, the Bulls will never have a big-time coach, until Krause heads out of Chicago, following a trail of Twinkies wrappers.

I think talent-wise, the Bulls can be a good team in 3-4 years. However, they will not have the right coach in place as long as Krause is there. No decent coach wants to work under a GM like Krause (not to mention that being under him literally, must be pretty taxing).

There's your coherent answer.

2. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Not really---and you're rehashing old, false tales that were proven false on this board and in other media long ago.

Has done it and can do it again? Some reasoning there. :rolleyes: :confused:

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Sure. I'll say too that the Rockets expect to regularly push past not just the first round, but the second round too---and on into the WCF.

Really soon.

:p

5. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

We'll see who, da Bulls or da Rocks, suck longer! :p

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Well...a rockets fan admitting/saying the rockets suck. I like that in you. :cool:

7. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

That's why we all love the Nuggets fans on the BBS. :D (jk)

Seriously, if not making the playoffs means SUCK, then yeah! The Rockets have been sucking the last 2 years, IMO.

Well, no ... I was wrong ... the Rockets didn't suck ... their records did ... :confused: ARRRRR ... GB, you got me confused whether the team sucked or its records sucked ... ;)

I'm glad during the sucky years, the Rockets managed to win over 20 games a season ... ;)

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Everyone loves Nugs fans. :D

I admire what the Bulls did this off-season. Trading Brand is risky as hell, but Chandler and Curry both have the makings of potential superstars. Everyone talks about how tough the Lakers are because they have (arguably) the best two players in the game. Well, imagine if Curry and Chandler develop like they can. And they're both 7 footers (or close). To find talent that big and that promising is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Bulls saw the gold ring and went for it.

That said, I still don't like Krause.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

More like Krause saw some leftover pizza and went for it.

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Does this guy add anything good to the rockets discussions, or is he a full time goof on those discussions as well?

Either way, I won't be wasting bandwidth on him anymore. My ignored list just got a little bit more crowded...

11. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Krauses other quote is that "basketball is a game of mismatches. Find the biggest mismatch, exploit it consistently, and you'll win consistently."

Of course he had the worlds biggest mismatch when he was handed a team with Jordan on it---but he's back to it again as you can see.

Wanna trade us Cook?

12. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I'm looking for a job. How much does that job pay? :D